Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 213133343536373839404142434445464748495161 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Lot of potential here it seems

I can't be assed to read 41 pages but from the skimming I did do the upper/lower set is $975, classification is yet to be determined but will most likely be non restricted (assuming a barrel over 18.5" is used) and almost all AR parts fit - correct?

Whats the lead time like if a guy were to take the plunge at this point?
    Lowers are wrapping up and getting anodized already.
    Uppers should be starting soon, if not already, with the SS being first on the list with an eta of end of the yearish. FA uppers are eta for springish of 2019 I believe.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    So, when do we get to see pictures of uppers starting to be made?

Getting excited.....
    +1 to this... Just got my e-mail for selection of my Upper... Can't wait =D BTW: slick side all the way - currently have a slick side upper from MRA and its awesome - have not found a need for a FA at all aside from training value loss but meh.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Not necessarily, we have opened spots for the second run which will take place in the late spring /early summer. We hold back a number of "blanks" should there be any errors in production, we can easily replace a mistake. We're getting very close to being finished the first run, and the first people in line for the second batch may be bumped into the first, provided we don't need to use up our safety net. Not many people got that email, as it's not something generally advertised.

Up until today I was sending the emails out as receivers went up for anodizing. However, we need to know right away here how many of which type of uppers we're making so I have sent the email to EVERYONE that was left.

And yes... I'll be drowning in paperwork for a week now. Remember my "trying to organize the chaos" comment... Yeah... Too late lol!

TLDR: (basically all of our records from the first hundred do NOT reflect the survey results that we had recorded earlier, so we want everyone's "final answer")

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
    If we got an email for upper selection, does that mean that we beat the cutoff for first production run of lower receivers?
    Or does this email go out to those in line for the second run as well?
    We are concentrating right now on first production run everything at this time.
    The 2nd production run is several months off still.

We are trying to get a better handle on how many of each style of upper we need to make which is why we emailed everyone.

About 50% of the production run of lowers has been anodized so far and more lowers will be going out next week. We are still waiting for the rear take down pins to be finished so we can install them so at this instant the lowers are not ready to ship but very soon.

Guys please, refrain from emailing or calling to see whether yours is ready or not. This just drags things out longer as there are only a few of us here and we can be answering inquiries or working on product, but not both.
    The moment we have your lower ready we will be contacting you for instructions to either ship it or hold it for the upper to be done. For those that require shipping, we will also need payment for the shipping costs. Your patience and understanding is appreciated. We are getting very close now to being able to start shipping.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Any idea if any magwells will fit on these lowers?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    So, when do we get to see pictures of uppers starting to be made?

Getting excited.....
    As soon as we start making uppers.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

How are the rear cross pins retained in the lower? Are they permanently fixed (pinned/staked etc) in place and won't walk out over time?
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by apex survival View Post
    How are the rear cross pins retained in the lower? Are they permanently fixed (pinned/staked etc) in place and won't walk out over time?
    The rear cross pin is removable but it would take some work to defeat the LokTite that is applied to the retaining screw. Chances of it walking out I would think would be so far below zero that I would worry more about other things, like running out of ammo.
    Some heat to loosen the LokTite and some care in removing the rear pin could allow you to use something like the KNS pins, but I think they would leave unwanted protrusions to catch things on. The ATRS boys have nailed it in my opinion.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    The rear cross pin is removable but it would take some work to defeat the LokTite that is applied to the retaining screw. Chances of it walking out I would think would be so far below zero that I would worry more about other things, like running out of ammo.
    Some heat to loosen the LokTite and some care in removing the rear pin could allow you to use something like the KNS pins, but I think they would leave unwanted protrusions to catch things on. The ATRS boys have nailed it in my opinion.
    Very close to the exact description I would give... to go on top of it, the pins are actually over-sized for the hole by about 0.0002" - 0.0003" making for a VERY firm press-fit. They aren't going anywhere, and the torx screw will be installed with blue lock-tite.