Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 384850515253545556575859606162636465666878 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    6mm ar is a 6.5 grendal necked down to 6mm
    Thanks, I was thinking.243.

So ,what’s the benefit of 6 mm over 6.5 Grendel?

I do know another guy looking to do the same. What would this cost us split three ways?

Good luck. I tried finding the same thing. I settled on the jp bolt in 6.5 grendel. But the barrel is a whole other thing. Came to the conclusion I'm either going to have to import a barrel from 6mmar.com or get one built here. Tried finding a reamer and the only one I found was a ptg. I was then told ptg reamers aren't very good and to get a clymer jgs or manson reamer. All of which are 6-8 weeks away and custom orders. I will be ordering one one day. I have a barrel maker local to me whole builds amazing barrels but j have to source the barrel extension. So if you want to go in halfers on a reamer let me know and I'm sure atrs would chamber up a couple barrels if you want to go that route

I’m into it.

But before we do, I think the 6mm barrels might work from x-caliber.net?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    I’m into it.

But before we do, I think the 6mm barrels might work from x-caliber.net?
    You could always get it from McGowen. There is a 15% off right now. Buy a JP Bolt and Bolt carrier from Brownells. I'll PM you.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    You could always get it from McGowen. There is a 15% off right now. Buy a JP Bolt and Bolt carrier from Brownells. I'll PM you.
    Brownells shows JP out of stock.
    Could you tell me what’s not good with the other BCGs

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Brownells shows JP out of stock.
    Could you tell me what’s not good with the other BCGs
    You can order the JP Bolt and the Bolt carrier separately. I don't believe there isn't anything wrong with the Brownells Grendel BCG, I have a couple here and will be using it when I build one of my MS. I haven't read anything about the bolts breaking on them. Everyone swears by JP though, so I threw it out there.

JP Ent Bolt

JP Bolt Carrier
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Is it possible to get an AR 10 barrel, less the extension (243) and just have the new extension installed?

Is it possible to get an AR 10 barrel, less the extension (243) and just have the new extension installed?
    I would think not.
    the extension is not the chamber.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Good luck. I tried finding the same thing. I settled on the jp bolt in 6.5 grendel. But the barrel is a whole other thing. Came to the conclusion I'm either going to have to import a barrel from 6mmar.com or get one built here. Tried finding a reamer and the only one I found was a ptg. I was then told ptg reamers aren't very good and to get a clymer jgs or manson reamer. All of which are 6-8 weeks away and custom orders. I will be ordering one one day. I have a barrel maker local to me whole builds amazing barrels but j have to source the barrel extension. So if you want to go in halfers on a reamer let me know and I'm sure atrs would chamber up a couple barrels if you want to go that route
    I really don't see a problem here unless a guy needs a CFW barrel. Stainless barrels would be easy. We would need to order a reamer, no big deal Manson has made me many wildcat reamers in the past. We have barrel extensions and can supply JP bolts. I have a few of the Brownells bolts on order for personal use, but until I get some mileage on them can't comment on them. We KNOW from years of experience the JP bolt heads just don't fail.
    The only part that could be difficult is having barrels made in under 4 months as we would need to order blanks and reamer.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

That wouldn't work... 243 is too big for an AR-15. Plus the barrel extension threads are different.
    CGN Weekly Schedule