Page 72 of 80 FirstFirst ... 52626465666768697071727374757677787980 LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteannerdy View Post
    I read 19.2oz but I think that was a Slick Side upper. Curious what the additional weight is on the Forward Assist upper.
    I'd be very curious to know that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteannerdy View Post
    Does anyone know the weight of the lower and both uppers?
    My stripped lower that I have in my possession weighs (with set screw & ball bearing) 10.23oz & the prototype slickside upper I weighed was 9.53oz.

So 19.76oz ish give or take for a slickside. Maybe another OZ for the FA upper?

CGN Regular
    I stopped by today and noticed cartloads of pieces in mid process, carts full shoved in every corner:

[IMG][/IMG]

hopefully no one noticed me filling my pockets....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    I wonder if they have received the material for the FA uppers.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    I wonder if they have received the material for the FA uppers.
    No where to put it right now! We already had to get 3 new shelving units to hold all the slick sides, and today we brought in two more compressors to keep up with the air flow for bead blasting. Getting a little cramped back there... Should be a good day tomorrow, I'm hoping to see a lot of pieces finished and I'll get another count. Might see if I can't get a little bit of video together of all the finishing work, no promises though.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    No where to put it right now! We already had to get 3 new shelving units to hold all the slick sides, and today we brought in two more compressors to keep up with the air flow for bead blasting. Getting a little cramped back there... Should be a good day tomorrow, I'm hoping to see a lot of pieces finished and I'll get another count. Might see if I can't get a little bit of video together of all the finishing work, no promises though.
    149 pieces total? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    149 pieces total? Haha
    Are you # 149 by chance lol?
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Quote Originally Posted by apex survival View Post
    Are you # 149 by chance lol?
    Maybe or it's just a really good number lol

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quick update on uppers: We had planned to take 50-75 of them up yesterday for anodizing. Due to a last minute invite to the super secret "public consultation" regarding the potential handgun and "assault weapons" ban that Bill Blair is tasked with, that did not happen. We are now planning for Tuesday, and our new target is to try and have 148 ready to go up.

For those interested and who have been following along with the progress in my videos, I had said I would try to get some done up of the bead blasting / finishing. I got a little bit of footage today, I'll see if I can't make something with that over the weekend but no promises. Goes without saying that a beadblaster is not a friendly environment for a camera, even outside the machine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."