Page 24 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike112288 View Post
    Is there still one available on this first batch?
    More than one in fact. We added an additional 30 serial numbers at the end of last week and I think only a few of those have gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Simple. ALL of our invoices and accounting records will require a warrant to look through.
    ALL firearms transactions must be kept forever. IF a business shuts down their firearms records must be forwarded to the CFO. These are conditions that are spelled out on all business licenses.

During registry days we all had books to maintain that were provided by the RCMp and the front cover clearly stated it was property of the RCMp, so no warrant was required. This still exists for Restricted transfers.

Given the total lack of transparency this regime has, no-one really knows yet what will be required. We do know that in order to release a firearm we will need to call the CFC and obtain a transfer authorization number. What other info they will request the feds are not saying, but I would assume we will have to record all the details and transfer authorization number in a book that if I understand the wording on C71 correctly will mean any LE agent can request access to at any time.
    Will you have other dealers carry the MV receiver sets?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 08:21 AM.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Although other dealers carrying your product can mean greater exposure and "possibly" increased sales of your product doesn't more fingers in the pie usually mean that prices have to go up to ensure an adequate profit margin for everyone who has their fingers in that pie??

Some dealers out there are subpar in comparison to you guys. I'd rather source your product directly from you than deal with a middle man who would refer me back to you if anything needed addressed anyways.

Just my .02
    yes in order to offer dealer pricing we would need to increase price overall as there simply is not enough profit in these to make it worthwhile for another dealer to sell and survive on. This is 1 concern, the major concern is that having dealers can really complicate things as witnessed in your recent thread.
    We can get into plenty of trouble all by ourselves, I don't think we need help in that department.
    We do have a couple of dealers who have represented us well over the years with our rings, rails and accessories, so before I simply close this door I want to talk further with our dealers to get their input as well.
    Your points are well taken!
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Lol! That got me into a bit of trouble as well. I have to play nice for a while after that

I do think you're safe to explore the idea of involving reputable dealers that you are already in good relations with and I don't foresee you having the same problems that I just encountered with the "other" guys because I know that you won't let an inferior product exit your door.

The problem lies in the fact that the reputation and business practices of the dealers chosen to be involved ultimately points back at you.

Choose dealers wisely from good past and/or present relations and I don't see it getting anyone into any trouble.

Decide to put product on anyone's shelves who is willing to sell it and that's where it gets complicated.

I know you'll make the decision that's right for you.
    Having any person not related to a manufacturing company directly but representing said company indirectly is always a concern.
    We have been approached to sponsor many shooters over the years, the problem is is that some guys are rock stars all the time ( thanks Jeff, Dustin, Greg, Ryan and Robyn) and others forget whose name is on the jersey they are wearing and negative behavior can ensue after a few wobbly pops. The problem is most people do not take into account that we are merely sponsors, not the individuals acting out, but we still get the stink rubbed off on us by association. This has happened to some very prominent figures within the shooting fraternity.

The same can happen with having dealers who are acting agents. We had some product in another shop a few years ago and I heard from several long term clients who also frequented that shop that we were being bad mouthed in order to help sell the brands that they made more profit on. I pulled our guns and products shortly after having this confirmed.

Not all decisions are easy, so the going with other dealers to sell our products is one I will ponder on for a while.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

We have worked out a deal with Red Deer Shooting Center as a dealer for our products. They have carried our line of accessories for several years so it seemed a natural progression for them to also carry our Modern Sporter uppers and lowers.
    They have 1 of the Modern Sporter rifles on hand now, it is an pre production unit but fully functional and can be test driven.
    The only difference between this rifle and the production versions is the material used on this 1 is 6061, the production units are all 7075.

Guess I'll have to add a stop in town today hahaha
    I am a kit hor(der)

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 08:22 AM.

I'm having a lot of fun picking out and ordering parts. The excitement is building though!
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!