Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4151535455565758596061626364656667686971 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAConnol View Post
    I live on the west coast and used to live and work in Oregon, ie ORAGUN, so these guys are a nice drive south.

IF I was to invest in an high-end match barrel for my .223 or .308 I would like to have a brake installed in such a manner.

THAT is the exact same principle we use to install out gill style brakes, the only difference is we have fancier lathes with digital DRO's and don't use a drill bit to attain final dimension. We use the correct size reamers for a better interior finish.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    I would be going with a jury barrel. May as well go with what I know works. I'm not sure he is back in the country yet but the last one was a quick turn around.
    Using a Jury blank would make sense, cost effective, high quality just unfortunate he has only 1 diameter of bar stock. It means a bit more lathe work taking a 1.250" diameter barrel down than what a 1.0" blank would. But certainly not insurmountable as we do this with his blanks pretty much daily.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Using a Jury blank would make sense, cost effective, high quality just unfortunate he has only 1 diameter of bar stock. It means a bit more lathe work taking a 1.250" diameter barrel down than what a 1.0" blank would. But certainly not insurmountable as we do this with his blanks pretty much daily.
    He has contoured all the barrels I've gotten from him. The stag 10 barrel I got he contoured it identical to a lilja ar1024 contour. Do you just get uncontoured blanks from him?

He has contoured all the barrels I've gotten from him. The stag 10 barrel I got he contoured it identical to a lilja ar1024 contour. Do you just get uncontoured blanks from him?
    We get the blanks uncontoured. It saves us money and allows us more options to do the contouring in-house.

We get the blanks uncontoured. It saves us money and allows us more options to do the contouring in-house.
    Ahh yes makes sense. I've been in his shop while he was reaming a barrel for you. Can you contour to anything? I want a barrel contoured ithe same as liljas arclamp profile but only 20 inches long. Is this something that could be done.

Ahh yes makes sense. I've been in his shop while he was reaming a barrel for you. Can you contour to anything? I want a barrel contoured ithe same as liljas arclamp profile but only 20 inches long. Is this something that could be done.
    There is very little we can't do as we have a pretty extensive array of machines and very skilled operators. I am not familiar with the "liljas arclamp profile" so if you can provide more detail it would help. Better even if it went to emails.

Email sent

I really don't see a problem here unless a guy needs a CFW barrel. Stainless barrels would be easy. We would need to order a reamer, no big deal Manson has made me many wildcat reamers in the past. We have barrel extensions and can supply JP bolts. I have a few of the Brownells bolts on order for personal use, but until I get some mileage on them can't comment on them. We KNOW from years of experience the JP bolt heads just don't fail.
    The only part that could be difficult is having barrels made in under 4 months as we would need to order blanks and reamer.
    Email sent!

Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    Email sent!
    Have not seen it yet, just don't want you to think we are ignoring you

A 6.5 Grendel necked down to 6mm?
    I would also be interested in a 6mm AR. Like the 6mm AR Turbo. Unfortunately it will not be in my 2019 budget.