Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 364648495051525354555657585960616263646676 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    People are never happy.
    Well they can go buy a pack of sharpies, Im sitting here waiting for my FA upper with a smile on my face seeing the slick sides being manufactured

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    They're a lot closer to being happy....... The first upper has been bead blasted and starting it's journey through quality control now.

I would love to have a set in only the bead blasted finish.
    CCFR — CSSA

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Thats Fair but you guys took it too far if that is the reason for excluding the ambi bolt release imo.

Including an ambi bolt release would not force the user to use it, and there is no alternative that you would be veto'ing the use of... hence no reason for it to not be proprietary.

Its not that we dont like your folks ideas and improvements, its just that we would rather freedom of choice where it applies.
    By including our ambi bolt release we would have had to increase the cost by $200.00, so do we appease the masses or shoot ourselves in the for again by including upgrades that so many did not want to pay for? MOST ARs do not come with the features our other semi autos do, but they are also cheaper. You can't have both.
    Look at it on the bright side you can choose any popular trigger you want this time.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 08:31 AM.

CGN Regular
    I'm happy you guys didn't include it. Prioritizing cost to market over feautures not everyone favors was the right move especially considering there are other options to achieve the same function.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    By including our ambi bolt release we would have had to increase the cost by $200.00, so do we appease the masses or shoot ourselves in the for again by including upgrades that so many did not want to pay for? MOST ARs do not come with the features our other semi autos do, but they are also cheaper. You can't have both.
    Look at it on the bright side you can choose any popular trigger you want this time.
    Fair enough! I would like it on about half of my MS lowers, the ones not for clone purposes. I would have paid up but its fair that others might not see the need or have the desire. I am just glad there is a enough material still there to make it happen. Might have to buy a few spare mechanisms from the MV to make it work!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN frequent flyer
    Maybe later on they can add certain features if there’s enough deposits to make a run worth it? The retained safety detent/spring and solid rear takedown bar are improvements I like, no losing springs or detents when I change my mind on parts for the 100th time lol.

I’m happy with what I’m getting, NR AR was the dream when I realized they were restricted. This is as close as it gets!

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it amusing how the majority of people wanted cheap and featureless BUT now that we've got what was wanted everyone's trying to figure out how to add the features that nobody wanted to pay for.

Back to beating the same dead horse we go
    Glad I was never in that group. I have always wanted to pursue building the best platform possible, and I do this with every rifle and shot gun, so AR/MS is no different in that respect. Cost isn't irrelevant, its just less of an issue to me. I am more concerned with the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by Djb1 View Post
    I'm happy you guys didn't include it. Prioritizing cost to market over feautures not everyone favors was the right move especially considering there are other options to achieve the same function.
    Im not per say happy that it was excluded, but I do agree that in the time and cost restraints ATRS was facing and that they had to pick one or the other, going with out is probably better. That said, it would be a neat option just like FA uppers for future consideration.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Maybe later on they can add certain features if there’s enough deposits to make a run worth it? The retained safety detent/spring and solid rear takedown bar are improvements I like, no losing springs or detents when I change my mind on parts for the 100th time lol.

I’m happy with what I’m getting, NR AR was the dream when I realized they were restricted. This is as close as it gets!
    Exactly!
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Im not per say happy that it was excluded, but I do agree that in the time and cost restraints ATRS was facing and that they had to pick one or the other, going with out is probably better. That said, it would be a neat option just like FA uppers for future consideration.
    For future consideration is perfectly reasonable. Seeing as this is the beginning of something great. I am rejoiced to find they included FA uppers which was a point of contention with votes equal on both sides. Likewise, it added cost that some were willing to pay. So in the future perhaps an extra cut and a couple extra parts is not so much to ask for as they expand their modern rifle line.