Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    We have worked out a deal with Red Deer Shooting Center as a dealer for our products. They have carried our line of accessories for several years so it seemed a natural progression for them to also carry our Modern Sporter uppers and lowers.
    They have 1 of the Modern Sporter rifles on hand now, it is an pre production unit but fully functional and can be test driven.
    The only difference between this rifle and the production versions is the material used on this 1 is 6061, the production units are all 7075.
    A long shot...any possible future Ontario / Toronto dealers?

CGN Regular
    Just trying to understand this setup. The upper and lower are proprietary to this design, but the rest of the parts internally are standard supply with the standard parts kits out there? Or are there more propietary parts involved?

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Lol! That got me into a bit of trouble as well. I have to play nice for a while after that
    Lol, I wonder how many of us got an infraction for participating in that thread?
    I didn't think I did anything that deserved an infraction, I didn't even get a reply to my questioning it.

Every day I'm a little closer to going against my instincts and ordering one of these before the lab let's the rest of us know what they've decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
    Just trying to understand this setup. The upper and lower are proprietary to this design, but the rest of the parts internally are standard supply with the standard parts kits out there? Or are there more propietary parts involved?
    No proprietary parts to complete the rifle. Just buy an 18.6 inch or longer barrel and finish it with standard AR-15 parts and you're done.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
    No propriety parts. It’s compatible with all Ar-15 parts. That being said if ever single part from everys single Ar-15 company is gonna fit. I don’t know.

CGN Regular
    Most parts will fit. Obviously some parts are based on forged milspec receivers and may not fit, or require fitting/modifications.
    Definitely some handguards with anti-rotate tabs won't work, but they are problematic on many uppers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Most parts will fit. Obviously some parts are based on forged milspec receivers and may not fit, or require fitting/modifications.
    Definitely some handguards with anti-rotate tabs won't work, but they are problematic on many uppers.
    Precisely. And most of those will work with some fitting.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Correct me if I am wrong. Currently this receiver set does not have a classification of NR?

Quote Originally Posted by Pschilly View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong. Currently this receiver set does not have a classification of NR?
    You are correct. I still bought one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pschilly View Post
    It fits all criteria for a NR firearm, and is a NR firearm until otherwise proven it is not.

It does not however, have an FRT - which is not required for NR/R status.

So if I order a set this week approximately how long would I have to wait before I can expect it to ship?
    I saw an earlier post that said late September but has that first batch already sold out or could I expect late September maybe early October?

I want to start off with my NR 300BLK barrel and hopefully be the first pic of an MS laying across a deer with an old fart kneeling next to them smiling
    My MRA stainless spiral fluted 223 barrel will go in after hunting season and it will become my coyote rifle for the winter. Well, it can share that duty with my MH in 6.5CM
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.