Page 26 of 80 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Lowers by sep/ oct , uppers by march/apr.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 08:23 AM.

^^^^^^ what i was told also

So am i the only one thinking having a new AR15 style rifle on the market is awesome and all but wondering if could we put a Can Cannon on it? and would it still be NR?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by james_o View Post
    So am i the only one thinking having a new AR15 style rifle on the market is awesome and all but wondering if could we put a Can Cannon on it? and would it still be NR?
    It would most likely be restricted because it’s chambered in 5.55 and has a <18.5” barrel. The barrel plug appears to be just an allen screw. It only shoots 110 FPS but has over 4.2 ft lbs of energy.

ETA: It appears I was looking at an old design.

The main difference with the new design is a fully welded endcap and a steel pin welded in the chamber to prevent successful firing of a live round.
    Last edited by griffin86; 09-03-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Further to that it is not a semi-auto, so just like a .22 kit, barrel length laws do not apply, only overall lengths do.
    That’s an even better point. No gas system, no semi auto. The rules change now. And being an upper it’s not even a firearm. So there’s no need to get an FRT for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Better fill the magwell and trigger pocket with metal then lol the receiver is the part you need to me manually operable at all times to be seen as non semi-auto.
    The lower doesn’t make it semi auto. You can have mag fed bolt guns. You can also buy bolt action AR uppers. Up here bolt action uppers are pointless because the lower is the firearm and was classified as restricted. If we had non restricted AR lowers up here you could have a 10” barreled bolt action upper as long as you had a fixed A2 stock on it.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Can cannon is an integrated upper, not just a barrel. You can not put a legit Can Cannon on the MS.

That said my machinist buddy and I might try doing a one off custom upper can cannon clone.

As it would no longer be a SA CF rifle, one might be able to get away with just adhearing to the OAL laws.
    I was wondering if you bought a can cannon and a second MS upper and if you could swap the required parts from the can cannon upper to the MS upper?

Quote Originally Posted by DEBRUSK519 View Post
    Those make me sad...��
    I was sort of against it but I've been thinking about it and it would be handy in some applications. I wouldn't mind having one for my MS. I bet it would increase accuracy a bit. I'm building mine in 6mm ar (6.5 grendal necked down). It would be like a small frame rpr but better. Put an adjustable gas block on it. Close it off when you swap out the bcg and you have bolt gun accuracy.