Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    The stripped receiver set is $975.
    They are extremely similar, with the Modern Varmint having more bells and whistles such as an ambidextrous bolt release and side charging handle. The method in which the trigger is installed precludes us from offering the Modern Varmint receiver sets for sale as "stripped receivers". To bring the Sporter to a lower price point, we have designed it to use more commonly available parts and be more "DIY friendly." As such, we can sell them as stripped receiver sets.

Cheaper than Maccabee, nice! Will we need any proprietary parts, or can we expect the vast majority of milspec and lightweight bolt carriers, bolt, barrels and handguards to work with it? From what I can remember (and please correct me if I'm wrong), the MV had proprietary parts that didn't allow customers to build it themselves entirely.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisselig View Post
    Cheaper than Maccabee, nice! Will we need any proprietary parts, or can we expect the vast majority of milspec and lightweight bolt carriers, bolt, barrels and handguards to work with it? From what I can remember (and please correct me if I'm wrong), the MV had proprietary parts that didn't allow customers to build it themselves entirely.
    Hopefully this link on our website will answer many of your questions. ATRS Modern Sporter Receiver Sets

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Hopefully this link on our website will answer many of your questions. ATRS Modern Sporter Receiver Sets
    Last edited by benwilliam; 06-04-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    1 cannot successfully legislate an object 2 control an action / If u have a problem & u think someone else is going to fix it for u; u actually have 2 problems / If guns kill people then pens misspell words,spoons make u fat & cars make u drive drunk

Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    Full payment or just a small deposit to reserve one?
    Send us an email Tinman304, and anyone else interested to info@albertatacticalrifle.com and we'll send you the little info packet that we've put together.

My only request is that the upper's ejection port accommodate the 450 Bushmaster. I know, it may be an odd choice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mossler View Post
    My only request is that the upper's ejection port accommodate the 450 Bushmaster. I know, it may be an odd choice.
    I didn’t know that they had a larger ports. Hmm. I was going to make a 50 Beowulf or 458 socom.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    I didn’t know that they had a larger ports. Hmm. I was going to make a 50 Beowulf or 458 socom.
    I was asking, not stating. But my hope is that ATRS will make the port large enough. Example:

I was asking, not stating. But my hope is that ATRS will make the port large enough. Example:
    It'd make it good for .450 SOCOM users AND make it lighter! Win win!
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote Originally Posted by benwilliam View Post
    Hi Shaun,

This link answers my question regarding 7075. Now just curious with the weight, can you confirm a ballpark estimate on weight?

Thanks in advance.
    The weight of the stripped receivers is 19 oz. or 1.2lbs.

We can manually place a 50 Beowulf cartridge through the ejection port. This does not necessarily mean it will eject properly, as clearly there needs to be some clearance and everything is happening much much faster in live fire. Individual modification to the ejection port to accommodate these calibers is possible on your own, through your local gunsmith, or we can have our gunsmiths here modify the port as needed. But they would absolutely be done on a one-by-one basis and there are no current plans for a 'run' of big-bore specific uppers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar

I have a 50 beowulf and I was just saying, I never noticed it larger. but it is.

CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread