Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 203032333435363738394041424344454647485060 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

CGN Regular
    100% certain it's a 17"

Thanks guys this is great QC and info for parts compatibility.

Will you be test fitting any additional handguards? What about handguards with anti-rotation tabs?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNNZ View Post
    Thanks guys this is great QC and info for parts compatibility.

Will you be test fitting any additional handguards? What about handguards with anti-rotation tabs?
    Anti rotation tabs will require fitting on an individual basis. If you have another handguard you would like to try, you're more than welcome to come by the shop and we can test fit it, that's an open offer.

On another note: Those odd "latch-less" charging handles, will not work as the 'drop-hole' for the charging handle is in a slightly different location.

Last edited by ATRS Shaun; 09-25-2018 at 12:53 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Norgon mag catches should be ok?

I like the sans dust cover look with the slick side upper. There's one less part to bother buying, since I don't play in the mud anyway.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

I have found that the SI dust cover does not work well with that Lantac bolt as the material holding the detent in the dust cover is thicker than the metal ones and the Lantac bolt is shallower than most bolts in the same area (where the relief is for the dust cover detent). This could be a contributing factor to the tester dust cover wanting to “pop open”.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Norgon mag catches should be ok?

I like the sans dust cover look with the slick side upper. There's one less part to bother buying, since I don't play in the mud anyway.
    I haven't personally handled it with the Norgon mag catch, but what I'm hearing is that they should be just fine. One of the pictures if I'm not mistaken has a Norgon in it, and there was a little bit of difficulty with the left side dropping but I believe it may have just been a little over-tightened. I'll try to confirm these results myself if I ever get finished with all of this paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickDraw16 View Post
    Just to clarify, going forward there should be no issue with Magpul grips?
    No, the grips never had an issue. The only issue was the safety spring binding up. We're undecided if we'll continue to provide the captured safety upgrade going forward, or if that will only apply for the first run.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Must say I really appreciate how ATRS is going the extra mile to ensure most parts are compatible, this will make all the difference in how the product is perceived and you guys will knock it out of the park on this one!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Disappointing.
    They arent odd, theyre great.
    The location of the drop hole had to move because our rear retention set up is right in the way for machining it.

Sorry to disappoint.

Lot of potential here it seems

I can't be assed to read 41 pages but from the skimming I did do the upper/lower set is $975, classification is yet to be determined but will most likely be non restricted (assuming a barrel over 18.5" is used) and almost all AR parts fit - correct?

Whats the lead time like if a guy were to take the plunge at this point?