Page 4 of 80 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern Sporter - Nov 30th : New video, Post 482

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    The weight of the stripped receivers is 19 oz. or 1.2lbs.

We can manually place a 50 Beowulf cartridge through the ejection port. This does not necessarily mean it will eject properly, as clearly there needs to be some clearance and everything is happening much much faster in live fire. Individual modification to the ejection port to accommodate these calibers is possible on your own, through your local gunsmith, or we can have our gunsmiths here modify the port as needed. But they would absolutely be done on a one-by-one basis and there are no current plans for a 'run' of big-bore specific uppers.
    Cheaper AND lighter than Maccabee's SLR? Yes please. Is there a rough timeframe as to when these will be available? I understand that you're waiting for the FRT but assuming you got that tomorrow, I was curious when I could order these and when I could potentially expect them in my hands.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    I have a 50 beowulf and I was just saying, I never noticed it larger. but it is.
    That is significantly bigger!

Thanks for sharing the picture.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    I didn’t know that they had a larger ports. Hmm. I was going to make a 50 Beowulf or 458 socom.
    In measuring our port, it is 50 thou wider than a 'typical' forged upper. We will look into this a little further and discuss. Thanks everyone for bringing forth these suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by lwing View Post
    How light could a finished build be made?
    Assuming you're using a lightweight bolt carrier (let's say a titanium one, or even a steel lightened one), here's my estimate for a light build based on the receiver weight provided by Shaun, and a 18.6" pencil barrel. They can be EVEN LIGHTER if you go with all titanium parts for stuff like the castle nut, end plate, selector switch, etc.
    You can do a 5 lb empty build pretty easily and still have a NR barrel length. The lightness of your build is only limited by how much money you want to throw at it.

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Last edited by benwilliam; 05-09-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    1 cannot successfully legislate an object 2 control an action / If u have a problem & u think someone else is going to fix it for u; u actually have 2 problems / If guns kill people then pens misspell words,spoons make u fat & cars make u drive drunk

Quote Originally Posted by benwilliam View Post
    I've got the SCT Titanium BCG Nickel Boron at 5.6 ounces in my Excel File for lightweight build. Where did you see the 7.12 ounces? https://www.stcroixtactical.com/coll...group-ar15-m16
    My understanding is that they only mention the weight of the carrier itself as 5.6, and then I added extra weight for the bolt assembly. It does mention that it comes fully assembled, but the wording is inexact. I'll change it if I'm wrong, of course. But if it's 5.6 for the whole assembly, that's nuts since that means the carrier itself is only like 100 grams. Also, where'd you get one? I'd love to have that myself since it has pretty good reviews on Youtube and elsewhere.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Last edited by benwilliam; 05-09-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    1 cannot successfully legislate an object 2 control an action / If u have a problem & u think someone else is going to fix it for u; u actually have 2 problems / If guns kill people then pens misspell words,spoons make u fat & cars make u drive drunk

Quote Originally Posted by benwilliam View Post
    Have a look at the brownells titanium bcg, it’s 7.9 ounces all up (same as the V7 titanium bcg!) and they ship to Canada. For the SCT you’d have to import via Irunguns.

Also have a look at the B.A.D. Sabertube stock if you want to trim some weight vs the ACE stock. It’s only 7.5 ounces all up. I had a chance to shoulder one while I was at Rainier Arms in Seattle last month for work. Good length of pull and surprisingly comfortable.
    I just came across Smoke Composites, and they have a very interesting carbon fiber stock that weighs only 4 - 7 oz depending on what length you get and the extra options you decide to put into it. Lighter than the Sabertube but a bit more expensive, although the Sabertube looks fantastic and it's on my wishlist!

http://www.smokecomposites.com/stocks

If the Modern Sporter comes out soon it could certainly put a big dent in the milspec AR receiver market considering that many people want an NR version of it! For those wanting to stick to SBRs I don't see why regular ARs wouldn't be the best option considering that they're restricted by default.
    Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Neat.

How much machine time does it take to complete one?
    About 4 hours, the biggest part of that being the time the EDM takes to cut out the mag well.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daviduyjr View Post
    wow cant wait for a prototype showing
    It appears you live in the same city we are located in, drop by and we can put 1 in your hands.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there