Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! GSG MP-40 .22lr NON-RESTRICTED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line Solutions View Post
    LOVE LOVE LOVE! Never say never.

Let's get the 9MM MP40 here first!

I don't mind paying full price for a pre-order now! Please make it happen thank you!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleR4ider View Post
    I don't mind paying full price for a pre-order now! Please make it happen thank you!
    #weareworkingonit100%
    #itwilltakesometime

happy weekend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    NineEmEm.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    NineEmEm.
    A 9 Eminem Edition. In dealers near you, will come with a mixtape.

happy weekend everyone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    You ro...rap.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

#weareworkingonit100%
    #itwilltakesometime

happy weekend.
    And I am eternally grateful. You just got one more fan and patron sir!

We are still optimistic, for mid/end Sept.

Production is running good, and there are no major updates, which is good. If anything changes, or gets pushed back, we'll post it on here.
    I heard from my dealer that your rep told them today that it's now looking like end of Sept or early Oct.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reefer View Post
    I heard from my dealer that your rep told them today that it's now looking like end of Sept or early Oct.
    Still on track. mid/end sept, early oct, we're talking a few days here.

Anything can happen to be frank, we had containers arrive early, and some 5 months later. The important thing is that, knock on wood, everything looks good for now. We waited a long time for this rifle to come shoreside, and we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I think the rep is being safe, which is smart, because in this game anything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Weapontech View Post
    Close, but not quite.

Clamshell refers to the fact that the design uses two half's (left and right, or top and bottom - depending) to encase the internal components. In the case of GSG, each half is actually cast in a mould using Zamack-5, a zinc alloy. (These half's are not sheet steel, stamped into shape under high pressure as they would have been during those years).

In a clamshell design, the internal components are placed in one half of the casting and then enclosed by the other half; both half's are usually held together by screws or proprietary fasteners. This "clamshell" design which has been used by many modern gun makers, especially when replicating .22cal versions of famous firearms; a-la GSG, Chiappa, and others.

This fabrication method allows for realistic detail being cast into the product without multiple stamping operations - reducing material and production costs. However, Zamack is a Zinc alloy and is not as resilient as aircraft grade aluminum and/or most steels. If dropped at the right angle, most Zamack made guns will break or develop nasty cracks that are difficult to repair.
    Hmm, curious if GSG will be making steel versions of the MP40 9mm? I don't mind paying 5 times the price for a full steel one.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleR4ider View Post
    Hmm, curious if GSG will be making steel versions of the MP40 9mm? I don't mind paying 5 times the price for a full steel one.
    Maximum Average Pressures (MAP) of .22 rimfire ammunition must be kept below 24,000 psi, and SAAMI rates the 9x19 Parabellum maximum chamber pressure at 35,000 PSI, and 9mm +P at 38,500 psi

Based just on those numbers alone, I suspect that there will need to be more robust components to deal with the wear and tear of the higher 9mm pressures, and a blow-back type action. Not sure if a clam shell-type of design using a Zamak material is what they use for their 9mm version; but I suspect that if they do, there is steel reinforcement where required.
    You are either trained or untrained, and you
    will always fall to the level of your training.