Page 75 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5565676869707172737475767778 LastLast

Thread: NEW! GSG MP-40 .22lr NON-RESTRICTED

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SIGP2101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by armilaria View Post
    Does a crappy paint job on the stock covered Under warrantee? The paint on my stock can be practically wiped off. Used only once. Now it sports the electrical tape finish!

Seems like these were rushed to get Out and used very poor quality paint maybe one thin coat at best. Mine came with touch up marks as well but now it does not seem to matter. Seems a bit of a pain to send it back but for the money it should have been a lot better IMO. Any one else have this issue?
    Same here, the stock doesn't hold paint at all. Also, I lost one of the bolts that hold stock together. Another is on its way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line Solutions View Post
    Has anyone fired theirs? Or are you guys just marvelling in their presence.
    I have a different question:
    I noticed that there is what looks like a set screw on the right rear top side.
    there is no mention of it in the manual. However, when I looked up the exploded diagram, online, it shows it as part #81 as "DIN 7991 M4x16 Countersunk Screw".
    I would very much appreciate it if you Could please tell me what this is & the purpose, if any?
    Last edited by Okinawa; 04-22-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okinawa View Post
    I have a different question:
    I noticed that there is what looks like a set screw on the right rear top side.
    there is no mention of it in the manual. However, when I looked up the exploded diagram, online, it shows it as part #81 as "DIN 7991 M4x16 Countersunk Screw".
    I would very much appreciate it if you Could please tell me what this is & the purpose, if any?
    That’s the “take me apart” screw.

mine shoots excellent now that it’s broken in. I get a rare failure to feed with CCI (1:200 maybe), but it’s good with Federal Automatch. It took a couple cleanings to get it there but no worse than other guns I’ve had.

thanks for the explanation Backwoods. However, I thought it was the screw found on the right front side under the ejection port, that was the take down screw. Am I missing something on the disassembly steps?

The take down screw mentioned on the manual is this one.

Attachment 268005

This is the one I am inquiring about, the one pointing with the arrow.

Attachment 268007
    Last edited by Okinawa; 04-24-2019 at 11:15 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Whoops dbl tap
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Okinawa View Post
    thanks for the explanation Backwoods. However, I thought it was the screw found on the right front side under the ejection port, that was the take down screw. Am I missing something on the disassembly steps?

The take down screw mentioned on the manual is this one.

Attachment 268005

This is the one I am inquiring about, the one pointing with the arrow.

Attachment 268007
    got it. No idea.

Expired Business Member
    We have not yet received any parts for the mp40, but feel free to fill out the warranty claim form if you guys need any support for these.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line Solutions View Post
    We have not yet received any parts for the mp40, but feel free to fill out the warranty claim form if you guys need any support for these.
    Hi Blue line,

It’s more of a curiosity to find out the use & purpose of this setscrew.
    Is it just for cosmetics or does it have a purpose?

Your input is very much appreciated.

nice looking gun but I will stick with my REAL mp40 and Thompson m1a1. I grew up reading sgt rock comics, I should have kept them as they could be worth a few dollars today.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    9mm soon?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.