Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Line Warranty Suport

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar

Blue Line Warranty Suport

Hi, I have a few questions (bolded below) about Warranty's as provided by Blue Line.

I've have a warranty issue with a Jard J68 that I bought last fall.

I didn't get a chance to shoot it till February this year, but had issues on the first day shooting the gun.
    I submitted a warranty request through your web site ( the only way to do it) and unfortunately didn't notice that the auto fill submitted an incorrect email address ( my fault) a month later I submitted again after not hearing anything and this time I noticed the auto fill issue and put the correct email and then got a reply quickly.

Since then I have done everything possible to help solve the issue from my end with both blue line and the manufacturer and I still don't have a functioning gun and was told that a band aid solution was being worked out in Canada that involved simply swapping out one of the recoil springs with a heavier spring.

The strange thing is that according to Blue Line and Jard this is not a common issue and only 2 guns in Canada have had this issue from what I have been told.... apparently there are some other issues that have come up after around a thousand rounds but I would not know as I have not had a chance to shoot many rounds due to the light strike issue my gun has.

What I don't understand and can't get an answer about via email or phone is why not simply replace the 2 defective units instead of trying to patch a work around with mixed recoil springs if in fact it's an uncommon issue?

Phillip has told me that it's hard for Blueline to send guns back across the border for some reason so that Jard can sort it out. I know if I was the owner of Jard ,I would want these guns back to figure out the issue and I'd also be happy to send the customer a functioning gun while figuring out this apparent anomaly.

It's been about 6 months waiting on a solution and combined with the initial 3 months I had the gun before realizing there was a problem I am likely going to be most of the way through the one year warranty period by the time I get a chance to try the gun again. Phillip has told me on the phone that other J68's have come back with different issues that started after around a thousand rounds it would suck for me to finally get to a thousand rounds outside of the warranty period.

I've asked about swapping the defective gun out for different one but that does not seem to be an option.

Is returning the gun for a refund ever an option with Blue line with this sort of situation?

Will the 1 year warranty period be extended due to the delays or am I going to be s h i t out of luck next year if I have another issue?

I've been reluctant to air the dirty laundry on CGN, but I'm a bit frustrated at this point and feel like I've been very patient and done everything I can to help resolve the issue.

Months ago there were requests from Blueline here on CGN for people to give feed back about the J68's that blueline has sold and there has not been much feedback so I guess I'm one of the first to report back.... I wish it was better feedback but it is what it is.

Phillip know how to get in touch with me.

Thanks.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I have a firearm with them for warranty work at the moment. I have "heard" there is a lot of employee turn over that is slowing down their service. In for updates.

I was told the same thing as well talking with Phil a month or so ago, the thing I'm wondering about and have not been able to get a reply on is, at what point does the option for a refund kick in if at all, and why can't I get a replacement unit and let Jard figure it out instead of Blue Line? Specially if the warranty repair dept is understaffed.

The "fix" with the two different recoil springs seems sort of bubba to me and the owner of Jard couldn't understand why the guns would not be working with the original springs..... I can't understand why he doesn't want the non running units back in his shop so he can figure it out!

The gun seems to be returning fully into battery from my testing at the range on a second trip after I replaced a defective firing pin, Jard is sending me a new Bolt to try out as well as the replacement pin is also getting damaged after less then 50 rounds.

The strange thing is when the action is manualy cycled it gets a nice strong hit on the primer, solid ejection and feed, and then I can push and make sure the bolt is fully forward and the next shot is weak with just a scratch on the primer. Re-cock and the next round fires just fine and the whole process repeats.

I didn't bother sending in my gun as Blue Line has been working on someone else's gun with the same issue so I figured I'd send it in when they have it figured out.....didn't think it would take all summer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The option to send it in for replacement kicks in... Never! In 2019 this is true of just about anything. Car, electronics, firearms, etc... In some cases it would clearly be cheaper for the mfger to replace a lemon, but they still won't do it. I have a n lcd tv whose only original part is the power cord. Everything has been changed under warranty, at high cost for Samsung.

I agree that changing springs is a bubba fix. It's kind of a spaghetti fix: throw it all against the wall and see what sticks. And even if it does fix your current problem, it doesn't mean it won't create another one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    We hear a fair amount about not buying from anyone else because BL has the warranty. Best be backed up with service.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    The option to send it in for replacement kicks in... Never! In 2019 this is true of just about anything. Car, electronics, firearms, etc... In some cases it would clearly be cheaper for the mfger to replace a lemon, but they still won't do it. I have a n lcd tv whose only original part is the power cord. Everything has been changed under warranty, at high cost for Samsung.

I agree that changing springs is a bubba fix. It's kind of a spaghetti fix: throw it all against the wall and see what sticks. And even if it does fix your current problem, it doesn't mean it won't create another one.
    I can sort of see if all the guns were having the same problem, no point in sending out another one until the issue is resolved, but from what I'm being told there are only a couple units with the issue right out of the box and the rest are fine..... though it sounds like some may develop issues after 1000 rounds or so.

The last thing I was told was that the heavier recoil springs being sent up were delayed due to import paperwork...... that was 3 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    We hear a fair amount about not buying from anyone else because BL has the warranty. Best be backed up with service.
    Warranty and support in Canada is important and there are distributors and importers that have a stellar reputation and others that do not..... mostly I'd say not in Canada unfortunately but the fact that some pull it off means it is possible.

Expired Business Member
    Greetings Can-down,

First of all, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by the warranty process.
    Unfortunately, some manufacturers, including Jard, do not offer us the option to exchange products which is why we were unable to offer you exchange when you had your rifle sent in.

After a detailed discussion and in-depth diagnostics with Jard, we have determined that the additional barrel length for the Canadian market creates additional pressure in which the standard 9mm recoil springs are not sufficient to mitigate the impact of the bolt towards the rear of the rifle, which is also the cause of the issues you are experiencing with your rifle.
    For your specific case of warranty, we do not want to just fix the lower receiver and replace the defective parts, we want to give you new lower and upper receivers which is essentially an exchange for you because I do not wish you to encounter any further problem with the firearm.
    Furthermore, I will be extending your rifle warranty for an additional full year which will apply to all J68's that may encounter similar issues from the same defective source as honored by Jard and us.
    Before the Jard license is renewed, we are only able to obtain parts such as springs and firing pins.
    Please understand that Blue Line has done everything we could as of now, and we have to wait for the U.S. license to be approved and Jard to send us the requested parts.

Truth be told, we do have some backlog on the warranties and there is a delay in responding to requests and messages. We are always trying to catch up on the warranties and we definitely need more people on the warranty team. Our business is growing very rapidly, and we're constantly looking to hire more employees in every department as we have also been distributing in the United States.

Once again, I would like to personally apologize for the time the warranty process takes and we are trying our best to give you the best possible outcome with the currently limited resources we have.
    Additionally, I would like to thank you for your patience as this specific case has taken over an immoderate amount of time as you have been in contact with me for the same duration.

With best regards,

Philip

I've asked about swapping the defective gun out for different one but that does not seem to be an option.

Is returning the gun for a refund ever an option with Blue line with this sort of situation?

Will the 1 year warranty period be extended due to the delays or am I going to be s h i t out of luck next year if I have another issue?

Hi Philip, thanks for the reply and answering 2 of my questions, I assume based on the non response to the third question that a full refund is not an option?

It's a cool gun and I want to give it a chance but I'm loosing faith in Jard's ability to respond to issues in a timely manor. Even the fact that they apparently did not anticipate a slightly higher recoil pulse with the longer barrel, and test their stock 9mm recoil springs with a thousand rounds of 147 grain ammo before shipping guns is surprising.

I have not sent my rifle in, the one you guys have been working on for the summer is somebody else's.
    I was also under the impression that most of the 18.5's were working fine talking to Dean at Jard.... my thought. after months of trying to figure out the issue, was to send one of the two light strike guns back to Dean and let them figure it out?
    Dean seems rather chill and detached about the whole issue when I've spoken with him but didn't think recoil spring rate was the problem.

I was under the impression based on our last communication that the solution was going to be replacing one of the two recoil springs with a .45ACP spring and also adding a shock buffer at the back.
    I know you had explained to me that some units in Canada were hammering the back of the gun where the butt plate attaches and bending the cross bolts in that area, but I have not had that problem yet. Possibly due to the limited amount of rounds I've put through the gun? That said, I do not see any signs of battering on my gun and am still a bit confused as to how a lower then ideal recoil spring rate might cause the soft hammer strikes I've experienced as it appears to be strong enough to return the bolt into battery and the fact the fired round is ejecting cleanly tells me the bolt is traveling back far enough to fully cock the hammer.

Dean mentioned during one of our phone conversations that they had replaced hammers at some point but I think my gun has the newer style hammer, I've sent him tons of pictures and lot's of feedback on what I see at my end via email but he seldom replies to emails and when he does it's a one sentence reply with a suggestion to call and discuss further on the phone. I don't mind talking on the Phone but sometimes the timing is not good and it's way easier to send pictures by email.

The suggestion of replacing uppers and lowers is news as well as I was waiting for you to send me the .45ACP spring, buffer and extra bolts for me to assemble at home and try out as we discussed last month.

Is the plan to recall all J68's sold and replace the recoil springs and uppers and lowers?

Has Jard come up with a new 9mm spring for the 18.5 inch barrels or is the plan still to replace one of the two 9mm springs with a .45ACP spring?

The last time we discussed this you told me that Jard was not willing to make(or source) new springs for the Canadian model?

It sure seems to me like two equal springs of the right spring rate would be far preferable to mixing a weaker spring on ones side and a stronger spring on the other which was the solution you suggested last month?

Are you now telling me that you are waiting on new receivers and uppers to replace all the units in Canada?

Perhaps an email or phone call about the new plan would have saved me starting a thread here, but as I told you a few months back when we spoke I was already starting to get frustrated by the lack of progress.

-Charley
    Last edited by Can-down; 08-13-2019 at 03:28 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Bolt could be made heavier.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast