Replica Antiques questions

chanman

CGN frequent flyer
I'm just curious who the manufacturer of these replicas is. The BS970 Steel in the description suggests it's a British source

Also, why do different models appear to have the same SKU on your website?
Will a Baker Rifle show up at some point?

Last edited:
This is our first order and is a trial. If they are popular, we will make SKUs.

It's the same Indian manufacturer as everyone else. Yes, the steel was probably imported from the UK or made on license.

No Baker Rifle on order at this time. Possible for future orders.

A vague and misleading statement of a one would expect from a banned company.

India tends to use British Standards. I would assume it is made by Tata

A vague and misleading statement of a one would expect from a banned company.

India tends to use British Standards. I would assume it is made by Tata

What are you on about? CanadaAmmo isn't banned, and TATA is an enormous industrial and commercial concern that does steel work for many. Drinking Liptons tea - TATA. Thinking a LandRover might be your next vehicle - TATA.

So these are sold as non-working replicas... If they are finished, whats the status?

I am assuming the long guns are still not-firearms, as flintlocks regardless of age are not firearms as per the FA?
Meanwhile, the pistols would become a restricted, because repro handguns don't have the same non-firearm status? They have to be real antiques to not be a firearm?

Am I right on this? I really want a not-restricted black powder single shot, it would be such a riot to take that up to the bush and play with but the restricted status would stop that from happening... Might still have to get one though...

What are you on about? CanadaAmmo isn't banned, and TATA is an enormous industrial and commercial concern that does steel work for many. Drinking Liptons tea - TATA. Thinking a LandRover might be your next vehicle - TATA.

I think he's trying to say that sounds like the sort of thing Marstar would say. While it is vague, I don't see how its misleading in any way...

gotenda has them.

Those don't appear to be the same thing? They're sustantially cheaper (I see pistols as cheap as $80, whereas these products from CanAm were... $400ish I want to say?), and the ad makes no mention of whether they can be safely converted to functioning firearms...?

Is there any chance of these coming around again? I need a black powder project.

save your money and a lot of hassle and just buy an actual functioning reproduction. these things are deliberately unfinished to remove any liability and are intended as decorations. re-enacters use guns like these for blank loads, and it's not uncommon for someone to accidentally leave a patch in and blow their barrel up

save your money and a lot of hassle and just buy an actual functioning reproduction. these things are deliberately unfinished to remove any liability and are intended as decorations. re-enacters use guns like these for blank loads, and it's not uncommon for someone to accidentally leave a patch in and blow their barrel up

Not exactly true. A little research will tell you that it's near impossible to export a functioning firearm from India. They leave them with the touch hole undrilled to circumvent these rules.

Back
Top Bottom