Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replica Antiques questions

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    I thought replica firearms were banned in Canada?
    Replica antique firearms are not...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Is there any chance of these coming around again? I need a black powder project.

gotenda has them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
    gotenda has them.
    Those don't appear to be the same thing? They're sustantially cheaper (I see pistols as cheap as $80, whereas these products from CanAm were... $400ish I want to say?), and the ad makes no mention of whether they can be safely converted to functioning firearms...?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    Is there any chance of these coming around again? I need a black powder project.
    save your money and a lot of hassle and just buy an actual functioning reproduction. these things are deliberately unfinished to remove any liability and are intended as decorations. re-enacters use guns like these for blank loads, and it's not uncommon for someone to accidentally leave a patch in and blow their barrel up

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mgroom View Post
    save your money and a lot of hassle and just buy an actual functioning reproduction. these things are deliberately unfinished to remove any liability and are intended as decorations. re-enacters use guns like these for blank loads, and it's not uncommon for someone to accidentally leave a patch in and blow their barrel up
    Not exactly true. A little research will tell you that it's near impossible to export a functioning firearm from India. They leave them with the touch hole undrilled to circumvent these rules.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12