Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: NEW! Jard J68 9mm NON-RESTRICTED

Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    Out of the blue the bolt stop arrived in the mail. Also what looked like a different guide rod rear plate but I couldn’t figure that part out. So I installed it, wasn’t too bad, they sent me a print out to drill the bolt holes. Finally I have a bolt stop. Not sure about the rest of the rifle yet, but I’m going to run it and see how it does. I’ll report back. Attachment 333659Attachment 333660Attachment 333661
    I hope the news is good I’m still waiting on even a reply on what’s going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Looks like they changed the bolt stop, are those rubber bumpers?
    Yes. They don’t look like too much, pretty thin.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Talking to Dean a couple times over the summer, he seemed perplexed by the issues with the CDN versions and the longer barrels, when asked he suggested that the American versions run like tops, yet you hardly see any reports or reviews online.

The obvious thing would be the difference in pressure the longer barrel causes, yet they were slow to try different recoil springs and buffers..... I guess it's possible that their design just doesn't like an 18.5 inch barrel.

It would be nice if Blue Line jumped in with some updates about some of the problem guns they are trying to sort out.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Glock mags you say, NR and bulpup... hmm
    9mm only? I own 40SW mags. Would consider purchase of a 40.

-Robbie L

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Talking to Dean a couple times over the summer, he seemed perplexed by the issues with the CDN versions and the longer barrels, when asked he suggested that the American versions run like tops, yet you hardly see any reports or reviews online.

The obvious thing would be the difference in pressure the longer barrel causes, yet they were slow to try different recoil springs and buffers
    ..... I guess it's possible that their design just doesn't like an 18.5 inch barrel.

It would be nice if Blue Line jumped in with some updates about some of the problem guns they are trying to sort out.

I found my gun was running hard with commercial like loads (e.g. 124 gr bullets pushed at 1100-1200 fps). Not knowing the gun better, it gave me the perception the recoil springs were too light for "normal" 9mm loads. YMMV but I find "colder" loads give an overall smoother operation. For that reason I use my IPSC puff loads which travel @ 1030 fps out of the muzzle.

BTW my gun started to misfire, FTF and FTE at about 300 rounds this summer. Could not find anything wrong so tried more lubrication then nearly dry. Still performed unreliably. Upon complete strip for troubleshooting, I realized the tip of the firing pin was broken yet still contained in the bolt!! This likely explain why it would fire/misfire.

Phoned & wrote to Jard and I received a new firing pin 2 month later. Took the gun back to the range 2 weeks ago and it flawlessly cycled the 200 9mm puff loads I fed it. It made me like my ugliest gun again.

Keep sharing your experience guys, we all benefit from it.

Best Holiday wishes!!
    Last edited by UR2X3M4ME; 12-22-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

I can see some gen 3 jards coming out on bullseye still no word on my warranty called em once they gave me a kinda vague answer hopefully these gen 3 are good.

Do these still look like hand slapped prototypes?
    "They are the most armed, and most free” - Nicolo Macchiavelli, regarding Switzerland

Looks like it, just the upper is revised/changed I think

GEN 3: Upgraded upper receiver:
    • Threaded barrel (Gen 2)
    • Material/Treating changes (Gen 2)
    • Tri-spring recoil absorption system (Gen 3)
    • Additional bolt stop in the upper receiver (Gen 3)

It's not even Halloween yet... which garage bin of spare parts did this thing spawn from? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jest4phun View Post
    Looks like it, just the upper is revised/changed I think

GEN 3: Upgraded upper receiver:
    • Threaded barrel (Gen 2)
    • Material/Treating changes (Gen 2)
    • Tri-spring recoil absorption system (Gen 3)
    • Additional bolt stop in the upper receiver (Gen 3)
    Yeah, some gen 3's made it to bullseye from what I saw last weekend.