Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CADPAT Frog shirts......... not what you think

EBusiness Member Army Issue Surplus Inc's Avatar
    So Good news / Bad news
    The CAPAT shirts have arrived in Small, not XXL.

I had previously been informed that the XXL were in,
    but that has been amended to in Production line up.
    Which I now understand to be "nope"

Good news for the little guys
    Bad news for the Big guys

Small Frog Shirts CADPAT

I have one and like it, yes has elbows .

CGN Regular
    CF supply can't even keep up with regular t-shirts, pants or boots in the most common sizes...I'm not at all surprised commanders are allowing troops wear this stuff...they're handing out 3rd party boot chits like candy these days, cause they don't have any.

Just because its fun. Yes the army does have these type of OTW shirts. They didnt buy many of them and so are opstock only issued when on certain deployements not all. They also only issue a limited amount even to people deployed.

Unit kit shops and individual soldiers have put together group orders to grab as many of these as possible as they are super comfy with the frag vest and the issue combat shirt sucks/has impossible to reach pockets once the vest is on.

For those that say its not CADPAT. Doesnt really matter if its the official CADPAT. As someone who looks at the #### ALOT I see very little to no difference.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Hopefully the sleeves are more along the lines of the crye multicam hybrids and not the issued arid cadpat hybrids.

It’s a very nice piece of kit, I haven’t been issued the “real” otw, so I bought two of these.
    not really moisture wicking but certainly better then the tunic in the field.

CGN Regular
    I wouldn't normally get picky on a dealer thread, but I want any interested CAF members to be clear:

These are clearly not CADPAT.
    They are also NOT FROG (fire resistant outer garments), in a fire they will melt into your skin.

They will possibly glow when viewed with night vision (they are probably not IRR treated), and for military members they might not be allowed by your chain of command.

I am stating this because I personally prohibited a subordinate for wearing something similar (not from your store) for the above reasons.

If you don't care about those things, enjoy your shirts.

Any reviews on these? anybody purchase one and have any feedback? I'm looking for an affordable combat shirt for training and range wear under a plate carrier.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiangunuser View Post
    I wouldn't normally get picky on a dealer thread, but I want any interested CAF members to be clear:

These are clearly not CADPAT.
    They are also NOT FROG (fire resistant outer garments), in a fire they will melt into your skin.

They will possibly glow when viewed with night vision (they are probably not IRR treated), and for military members they might not be allowed by your chain of command.

I am stating this because I personally prohibited a subordinate for wearing something similar (not from your store) for the above reasons.

If you don't care about those things, enjoy your shirts.
    Yep, there are other companies with OTW shirts that are licensed CADPAT and made with fire resistant materials. However, as for NV defeating capability, even the IRR treated issue stuff loses that capability after a number of washes, especially with detergents like Tide that have agents in them to "brighten" whites - it also makes non-whites brighter - have a look at your clothing under black light and you'll see the high wear areas that are slightly lighter tend to fluoresce. That said, I've never seen anything "glow" under IR.

Any chance of getting some of these in Navy blue?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast