CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4656585960616263646566

Thread: STAG-10 CDN - July 30!

The gas block issue was fixed after the first initial flogging of the rifles to the canadian market. Load 1 round and fire it. It the bcg locks back it's not a gas issue. Sounds like a new gun break in issue. Clean it lube the hell out of and run it
    Step 1: Buy Guns
    Step 2: Get Wife

I just thought of something else.

I also put the Raptor SD handle on it, but it has little vent holes on it that I've never seen before on a cocking/charging handle.

I will put the crappy OEM cocking handle back on it to see if I can eliminate that as the cause, and bring it back to the range.

I'll use a mix of different ammo and mags and handles the next time I go to the range, which will be soon because it's going to drive me nuts.
    I donít have a signature block.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    I just thought of something else.

I also put the Raptor SD handle on it, but it has little vent holes on it that I've never seen before on a cocking/charging handle.

I will put the crappy OEM cocking handle back on it to see if I can eliminate that as the cause, and bring it back to the range.

I'll use a mix of different ammo and mags and handles the next time I go to the range, which will be soon because it's going to drive me nuts.
    All the holes in the raptor sd are vent holes to reduced blow back when running suppressed. It keeps the gas in the upper instead of sending it down the charging handle. Not running suppressed isnt going to put enough gas into the ch to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    All the holes in the raptor sd are vent holes to reduced blow back when running suppressed. It keeps the gas in the upper instead of sending it down the charging handle. Not running suppressed isnt going to put enough gas into the ch to notice.
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the last part. Are you saying that it may be the cause or may not be the cause?

It wouldn't be the cause. The hole are to vent away excess gas that gets "trapped" in the ch when shooting with a suppressor. Blow back is more noticeable when shooting with a suppressor. I have never had blow back with any of ar style rifles I've owned and shot.

As you know we arent allowed to have suppressor in our backwards country because they are scary

Yes on the package it does state the suppressor thing, but could those vents not also let some of the gas out that is supposed to be pushing the whole thing backwards?

I have no reason not to believe you other than a theory, but you'll definitely be proven right if it's still having the same stoppages with the crappy OEM cocking handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Yes on the package it does state the suppressor thing, but could those vents not also let some of the gas out that is supposed to be pushing the whole thing backwards?

I have no reason not to believe you other than a theory, but you'll definitely be proven right if it's still having the same stoppages with the crappy OEM cocking handle.
    No that's not how the ar works. The gas comes from the barrel down the gas tube and into the bcg behind a "piston" of sorts in the bcg on the bolt. The gas then vents out the vent holes in the bcg. When running suppressed it introduces more gas into the gas system which basically over gasses the gun. When over gassed there is to much gas to just vent out the vent holes. It with vent back out of the gas key and out around the firing pin. The holes in the charging handle are there to prevent the gas from the gas key traveling down the ch and into your face. That's all they do. They dont have any impact on the initial gas pressure going into the bcg. They just keep it out of your face.

CGN Regular
    You did pay for the lifetime warranty as part of the purchase price.
    Personally, I wouldn't want to ship out the rifle just to align the gas block and torque it down.
    I also would NOT want anyone running 20-50 rounds through my NEW rifle just to see if it runs right.

I had the exact same issue, and that's all it was. XCR or Pmag but run fine, with everything except Norinco 7.62x51.
    Originally mine would cycle 3 out of 5 times using Hirt surplus ammo, and 4 out of 5 times with Barnes. Then it gradually got worst over the first 30 rounds.
    Eventually became a 12 lbs single shot rifle.
    Once a buddy of mine torques down the gas block, it is cycling Hirt 95% of the time, and Barnes 100% of the time. Barnes has slightly more pressure.
    Hirt is what I practice with, Barnes for putting meat on the table.