CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4555575859606162636465

Thread: STAG-10 CDN - July 30!

Originally Posted by RKRZ
    As someone who is looking into buying the complete rifle, this sucks to hear. Should not be the case with a $2000 rifle. You make a good point about the US guns and I wonder if this is related to an out of spec batch of parts or declining build QC or something.

I'd like to hear a bit more reassurance than just "run it wet".
    Two thoughts:
    -you are replying to a post where another poster, with all due respect, who hasn't received their rifle yet, speculates on the cycling and gas system and modifying components to shoot certain ammo, based on reading another post here. I would suggest (and hope) that the poster who is speculating will later discover that such modifications are not actually necessary and that the rifle works just fine. It should not be the case with a $2000 rifle, and may well be not the case.
    -It's not so much 'run it wet' as 'it's not cleaned/lubed' out of the box, and that activity of a new gun is required.
    Three
    -We hope you buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    It’s a $2000 rifle because we Canadians are desperate for a NR black gun. Again we are reading how posters are criticizing a new product in the Canadian market which mirrors the negative comments towards the SLR, MV/MH and the BCL’s offerings. DI firearms are never perfect right out of the box.
    I can't speak for rifles other than the one we sell, but I will say say for STAG-10, CDN MSRP is lower that US MSRP.

We'd like for every STAG-10 to be perfect in operation right out of the box. If not we should be able to deal with any issues quickly and effectively.
    Last edited by dangertree; 11-04-2018 at 07:49 PM.

www.armseast.ca Toll Free 1-844-579-0007 EMAIL info@armseast.com

Finally got back to the range today with my Stag 10 for some 100m shooting. Which went awesome!

Since I ordered and recieved mine later, I checked for all the issues others had commented on and was happy to find every thing was tight and right,

and did a very thorough cleaning.

My first trip I had fired 60 rounds of Winchester 308 in 180 gr. The gun would fire and fail to feed or double feed for the first 2 mags,

then it seemed to loosen up a bit and fired the rest of the 308 with no stoppages. Then I switched to Hirtenberger and it became a single shot,

I fired about 10 more rds and went home and did another thorough cleaning.

So on todays range visit I started off with another 40 rds of Winchester 308 in 180 gr. with no problems to confirm my zero, and tried the Hirtenberger again and it cycled perfectly!

This was the best 5 rd group I got with the Hirtenberger, but the rest were very close. I love this gun!

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm.

I haven’t even fired my gun yet lol over a week of looking at it

We'll SirenJoe, you sound very positive and that's a good thing!. But your field report says something too. I think these rifles have to be cleaned , lubed and broken in to perform the way the AR-15 users take for granted as gospel.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by webman1 View Post
    We'll SirenJoe, you sound very positive and that's a good thing!. But your field report says something too. I think these rifles have to be cleaned , lubed and broken in to perform the way the AR-15 users take for granted as gospel.
    This^. After about 300 to 400 rnds they will loosen up. You can speed this up by loobing it up properly and then cycle the action as quick as possible about 100 times. Then clean again. I found this smoothed the action out quite a bit.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet rally guy's Avatar
    What is the weight on the 308?