CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4151535455565758596061

Thread: STAG-10 CDN - July 30!

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Sqr's Avatar
    For short stroking Guys before cutting this and trimming that you must first check the alignment of the gas port to gas block. Gas issues is the number one culprit for short cycling which leads to FTF and bolt not locked on last round.
    CCFR -- CSSA -- NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    For short stroking Guys before cutting this and trimming that you must first check the alignment of the gas port to gas block. Gas issues is the number one culprit for short cycling which leads to FTF and bolt not locked on last round.
    Of course. Mine was properly aligned and tight. I don't like irreversible fixes, so another route is to reduce buffer weight.
    Proud owner of a shiny new Stag 10!

Quote Originally Posted by Patruick View Post
    Alright thanks. My barrel handguard became loose before I ever tried to fire it. This means my barrel nut was loose and barrel was loose as a result. They didn't shim the barrel to align in one of the 4 grooves for the barrel nut to accomodate handguard. Oh well mistakes happen I wanted to pull the barrel anyways.
    I didn't notice the barrel nut being loose, so I hope it's tight.

The pmags didn't hold back the bolt on my rifle until I cleaned it and put it back together again.(I only tested that once or twice prior to cleaning.)

A bit of grease on the BCG and charge handle, followed by a few dozen dry fires, and I haven't had an issue since.

I'm a little worried about the barrel nut now but hope to get out next week to test.

[QUOTE=YoungestPiperCub;15105887]Here is FRT

Sorry if this question sounds stupid but can someone explain me how come there is no Stag 10 in 308 with an 18.6" barrel listed on the FRT (Wondering how a potentially not enough knowledgeable/power hungry, cop or CO, will react if presented this document when you haul an 18.6" one in the woods ?)
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids...

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet rally guy's Avatar
    Well just check mine and the handgard and gas block were also loose, I would say about snug for the hangard and a bit more tight for tge gas block....

[QUOTE=LSB;15323290]
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungestPiperCub View Post
    Here is FRT

Sorry if this question sounds stupid but can someone explain me how come there is no Stag 10 in 308 with an 18.6" barrel listed on the FRT (Wondering how a potentially not enough knowledgeable/power hungry, cop or CO, will react if presented this document when you haul an 18.6" one in the woods ?)
    The firearm act states that for a semi auto centerfire the barrel must be 470mm or longer the be non restricted. In their own firearm registration form they say to measure the barrel from the muzzle to the bolt face with a cleaning rod. Mark the rod and measure. Just because the measurement isn't listed doesn't mean anything. The caliber I built mine in isn't listed on the frt nor is the barrel length. Which doesn't matter as it exceeded minimum requirements.
    Step 1: Buy Guns
    Step 2: Get Wife

[QUOTE=greg olmstead;15323397]
    Quote Originally Posted by LSB View Post

The firearm act states that for a semi auto centerfire the barrel must be 470mm or longer the be non restricted. In their own firearm registration form they say to measure the barrel from the muzzle to the bolt face with a cleaning rod. Mark the rod and measure. Just because the measurement isn't listed doesn't mean anything. The caliber I built mine in isn't listed on the frt nor is the barrel length. Which doesn't matter as it exceeded minimum requirements.
    Thanks a lot
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids...