CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread: G19X Has Landed SHIELD Members

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Well the discount and the ability of having them first might have something to do with it.
    My question is would it be shooting so high if it had the sights it was supposed to come with?

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Well the discount and the ability of having them first might have something to do with it.
    I'm not complaining about the discount that the Shield program provides. It's fantastic and I definitely appreciate Glock passing on some savings for those who serve. And recently with the new 19 models they're even allowing members to buy without it counting against the purchase limit which is also outstanding. However, when you purchase any other pistol within the program, it's the exact same as if you were to have picked it up from your LGS. Removing the night sights which for all intense and purposes equals out to about the price difference is not what I believe the program represents. Part of the confusion was likely attributed to the fact that like you have mentioned these were the first pistols to land in the country...so early that a couple people even sold their Shield program pistol before other dealers even saw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_Militia View Post
    So why did the shield version come with plastic sights when all the other dealers got a version with Glock Night Sites as standard?
    I called Rampart to ask the same question. From what I understand, they all come from the factory with Glock night sights installed. Rampart is just offering an opportunity to save more by giving the option to remove the night sights and have plastic sights put on.

CGN Regular
    Any ETA on a restock of the 19X?

Quote Originally Posted by D-BOMB View Post
    Any ETA on a restock of the 19X?
    Also interested.
    Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.
    Mahatma Gandhi