Maccabee SLRs

I think since its been 7 months since Ive paid $1040 for the entire SLR kit you guys should start entertaining refunds. I get that its Maccabee fault for being way off base on the ETA but this is passing the buck onto the customer. At this point I'm done.

I have called twice for a refund and been told twice "no refunds". I'm calling my CC company now.

Last edited:
I think since its been 7 months since Ive paid $1040 for the entire SLR kit you guys should start entertaining refunds. I get that its Maccabee fault for being way off base on the ETA but this is passing the buck onto the customer. At this point I'm done.

I have called twice for a refund and been told twice "no refunds". I'm calling my CC company now.

We do apologize for the delay, we are set to receive 20+ Receiver sets on the 31st.

*The receiver sets were sold on a final sale/no refunds basis, with no hard ETA on their delivery. The delays were longer than most had anticipated, but they are finally delivering to dealers, and us on to the customer. We cannot issue refunds as we have already paid the manufacturer in advance, and as a new small business don’t have the capital to cover refunds for products we have already paid for.

Next time don't pre order.

That was not what was advertised when I ordered the set in February. I can understand the wait and bs you had to go through. However, if Maccabee is not providing you with a product that your customers have ordered, then a refund or discount (as I will now need to source a place to bead blast the paint and anodized) is in order. Out of your control, sure, but not my fault. I paid a preorder in full and in good faith for a specific product. If that specific product can’t be provided then it is up to you to rectify it.

That was not what was advertised when I ordered the set in February. I can understand the wait and bs you had to go through. However, if Maccabee is not providing you with a product that your customers have ordered, then a refund or discount (as I will now need to source a place to bead blast the paint and anodized) is in order. Out of your control, sure, but not my fault. I paid a preorder in full and in good faith for a specific product. If that specific product can’t be provided then it is up to you to rectify it.

We may be able to obtain the receivers in the white and have them anodized at our lab.

That would be a great option to offer. I know anodizing can be tricky and not be perfect but I prefer a hardened surface then a painted one. It may be a good email to send out to your remaining preorders. Then you would have a batch to do. I’ve waited 7 months for this... an extra 4 weeks won’t kill me to have it anodized. As long as the price isn’t increased (I paid for anodized) and classification doesn’t get changed before these things actually get delivered.

Well Maccabee, this is truly an inauspicious debut to the Canadian firearm market.
Really late and an unannounced change in the finish is just bush league level.

Yep, Maccabee #### the bed here. I get the manufacturing hiccups, they happen, but changing the product is classic bait and switch. They could have provided an option of paint or anodized or in the white. Plus they should have capped their production numbers to ensure quality. I’m beginning to get worried that these will be another NEA disaster.

MDI clearly had no idea what they were doing.
Zero protype testing is very apparent.
Zero QC is even more apparent.
It also seems like they have some very poor machining tolerances , as some will drop mags free, some won't. Some will accept the bolt catch pin, others crack..
Really unfortunate that it's ending this way, but luckily there are better options on the horizon

MDI clearly had no idea what they were doing.
Zero protype testing is very apparent.
Zero QC is even more apparent.
It also seems like they have some very poor machining tolerances , as some will drop mags free, some won't. Some will accept the bolt catch pin, others crack..
Really unfortunate that it's ending this way, but luckily there are better options on the horizon

well..it was to be expected from a small time company trying to go bigtime with no clue what they are doing or how to get it done,i understand the thought of jumping on the NR bandwagon was a big draw to them,but you really need to know what you're doing when it comes to this stuff,they just may become another NEA,sure wish a Canadian would come up with a product that works from day one,but i understand development issues,but they should really be taken care of by the manufacturer,NOT the customer,

Back
Top Bottom