Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over the 100 day wait mark fml

Over the 100 day wait mark fml

They recieved my application april 20 2018. I used a money order and i had 1 hiccup. I only put the abbreviation for city of birth. I have one minor drug possession charge so maybe thats why its taking so long. But the last time i called they said they were 3 months behind. I find that outrageous. Do they always call the references for the rpal? Is anybody else in the same boat as me? Every time i go online it has said the same thing for the last 4 months. Intial processing is over and all that ####. Im usually patient but after shooting targets at my buddies farm im hooked

I waited a full year before I got mine, they called all of my references. Be patient.

Yep... mine took about nine months. Frustrating but once you get it, that's it! (For the most part)

528 days (give or take a few) for mine. then 1 month for my first restricted transfer.

Was there a reason it took that long? Criminal or mental health records?

I followed the sticky to shorten Pal approval times and had mine in 56 days. I got my references to call in and it was both Pal and Rpal. My first restricted transfer or transfers ( I bought two at the same time) was 5 days. I called ahead and sent in my range membership. Follow the sticky, it works. Here's a link: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...Approval-Times

I just received mine. It took 428 days not including the mail time to get my physical license. I had a dreaded "check mark" on my application. Just wait it out. I know how frustrating it can be.

no criminal history however i did have a psych evaluation do to depression 4 years prior so that might have made it take longer. either way it should never take that long. its most likley backlogged at your provincial cfo office. i got my interview call from them on remembrance day last year and after talking to the guy for about 20 minutes and then 10 with my wife he approved me. aslong as your charge in minor and in your past in sure you will be fine, hell i know l.e.o's who have had minor charges prior to their service. i recommend you start buying all your gear (gunsafe, locks, cleaning equipment, holsters etc) because firearms can be an expensive hobby. just out of curiosity what province are you located in?

Well i already have a safe and a trigger locks and a cable lock. And i live in rural ontario 1 hour away from toronto. And im aware its expensive thats why i want an sks and surplus ammo. Nice and cheap. I dont want restricted guns. Its just for work purposes in the future. To many regulations for me. I like shooting in the bush or on a farm not interested in the range.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by eddybthatsme View Post
    528 days (give or take a few) for mine. then 1 month for my first restricted transfer.
    528 days? Are you messing with us?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast