Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why it's so important to clean your guns!

Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    Wait what, they don't clean themselves?!
    I hear budgets balance themselves tho!!!!

I rub and oil the action.. barrel I leave alone or run a snake here and there. Unless corrosive... Over cleaning can damage, it’s a tool after all

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorloo View Post
    Routine? Shoot Glock for 10k rounds and think about cleaning it...
    Honestly a quick barrel clean is all you really need. They run solid. The first thing to probably go will be the spring if anything, and those are super cheap.

I am loving the comments. It made my day. Both jokes and practical ones, keep them coming.
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

CGN Regular
    I know a fellow that never cleans his guns. His motto “ every time I pull the trigger the bullet travelling down the barrel pushes out the crud. “

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gnome75's Avatar
    But if I don't clean my guns they won't jam then I can't complain about how unreliable certain brands are.

I suppose you could argue the other way too. If I never clean my gun, I will never discover the rust, so it is like its not there.
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

If you have an accurate gun and appreciate that fact and want to keep it that way, then clean it after shooting it.

I don't mean a detail strip and clean either. I laugh at those who talk about doing such things after every shooting session.

Nor do I mean scrubbing a bore with a brush till your arm is tired. No, I am referring to a simple patch with powder solvent on it run down the bore followed by a couple dry patches and then a patch with some oil on it so it leaves the bore "wet" for storage. Just be sure to run a dry patch through it before shooting the next time to remove oil residue.

It is imperative that you remove all powder residue from the bore as it attracts moisture and this will lead to corrosion. Even non corrosive ammo leaves behind powder residue that will ultimately lead to corrosion in the bore if left in place.

I can show you a 22 rimfire pistol I own with a dark spot in the bore to prove this point, and no it was not me who was responsible for that. It came that way from the previous owner. Still shoots fairly well until that spot of pitting starts to strip too much lead from bullets and creates a big lead streak in the bore.

I also have one military rifle that I purchased with a "frosted" bore that shoots ok but is a b**** to clean free of powder residue after shooting as that rough texture seems to hold onto the powder and dirt. It would have been so much simpler to just keep it clean so that never happened.
    Guns are like potato chips....you can never have just one.

Never trust a politician who says, "trust me".

I will never get used to Big Brother looking over my shoulder!

I have seen the future.................and it SUCKS!!!!
    (born in the wrong time & place)

Theme songs:
    "I Wanna Go Back" by Eddie Money http://www.lyricsdownload.com/eddie-...ck-lyrics.html
    "Dream On" by Aerosmith http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aerosmi..._20004389.html

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    That's the wife's Job.
    CCFR CSSA CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesro Inc View Post
    A well maintained gun is a must for every gun owner.
    There are many reasons why you should keep them in tip top shape.

Read our latest blog post for our top reasons why.
    Attachment 195531
    We would love to hear from you as well:

--> What is most important for you in your cleaning routine?
    --> What is your cleaning routine?
    FYI your SIG trigger bar spring is assemble wrong, it should be in the notch in front/bottom of where the spray nozzle is pointing.

Ballistol is fantastic stuff btw
    Last edited by Dsiwy; 08-17-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast