Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Got in an AMSD OM 50 Nemesis .50 BMG

Never fired? Interesting. Therefore no one knows what kind of grouping this pricey piece of kit can provide. At best, it "probably" shoots beyond everyone's capability - but than again, maybe not. ;-)
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

Christmas can't come soon enough.
    A salute to our troops as I was an active reservist!

Excellent condition, never fired? Sure looks like a lot of wear and tear on the torx head bolts and the scope turrets for never fired. I guess mounting the optics is hard on the finish. Would you take a side by side on trade for this unit?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeviewSports View Post
    Excellent condition, Never Fired. Comes with Premier 2-25x56mm. 2 5rd Magazines, Bipod, Monopod, Single Shot Block, Soft Case. $18999.99

Email: Service@rangeviewsports.ca Call or Text: 905-868-6666

Attachment 196052
    Attachment 196053
    Attachment 196054

The concept, for what later became the "Nemesis" large caliber sniper rifle, was devised in 2001 by two former military, the retired US Marine Corps officer, James Owens and the Swiss Chris Movigliatti. First prototype was tested only 3 months after the design inception. In 2003, first production batch of rifles was made by AMSD, a Swiss company, highly specialized in the design of precision military light armament. The new weapon was officially christened as the OM 50 Nemesis (OM standing for names of the designers, 50 for caliber and Nemesis for the ancient Greek goddess of justice and vengeance).

The prime niche for this new weapon is precision anti-material shooting for military and police applications. The weapon can be configured as well for urban warfare as for long range target operations. A civilian version exists also for long range precision shooting. For this reason, the OM 50 Nemesis rifle features a fully modular design with three basic versions, known as Mk I, MK II and Mk III respectively. Each of these versions can be fitted with a variety of quick-change barrels, of different profiles and lengths, as well as with different add-ons (high efficiency muzzle brakes or detachable silencers / sound moderators). Barrel lengths vary from 381 mm / 15 inches for short range (urban) shooting against hardened targets and up to 838 mm / 33 inches for accurate long-range shooting. Barrel change can be accomplished in the field in less than 2 minutes, using a DIN screwdriver.

This OM 50 Nemesis rifles is built around the same aviation grade aluminum-alloy receiver and (steel) bolt group with a manually operated, rotary bolt. Bolt heads lock directly into the barrel extension with three radial lugs, relieving receiver from most of the stress and providing constant headspace, needing no adjustment. Barrels are free-floated, and are held in the receiver by a set of cross-screws. Trigger is of two-stage type, fully adjustable. The forend is attached to the receiver.

Accuracy of the OM 50 rifles in field (real-life) conditions is described as 0,5 MOA at 300 meters and sub 1 MOA at 1000 meters; in testing, while fired by an experienced USMC sniper, OM 50 rifle shot 6×5 cm (about 2 1/2 inch) groups at 1000 yards (911 meters), which accounts for sub 0,25 MOA accuracy. The gun has already been commissioned with various police and military special operation forces.
    You may want to correct your thread title. This rifle was NOT made by Swiss Arms or S.A.N. as they seem to currently call themselves.
    The rifle you are selling is in fact made by AMSD in Geneva Switerland by Chris Mogliviatti, who ended up selling his patents and fixtures to S.A.N. a few years ago when he encountered some health concerns. S.A.N. immediately made some changes to the rifle including a name change to call the new production the S.A.N. 511. The biggest change was to the trigger which is an incredibly complex mechanism, hence expensive to make. The S.A.N. trigger is not bad but is a pale version of what Chris made.

I can attest to the fact that the AMSD is truly capable of .5 MOA accuracy as I own 1 of the 12 that ATRS imported directly from Chris in 2010.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VancouverS4 View Post
    what's the safety about?
    fire, safe and super safe?
    Must be one of those DMR safety I keep hearing about

Business Member RangeviewSports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    You may want to correct your thread title. This rifle was NOT made by Swiss Arms or S.A.N. as they seem to currently call themselves.
    The rifle you are selling is in fact made by AMSD in Geneva Switerland by Chris Mogliviatti, who ended up selling his patents and fixtures to S.A.N. a few years ago when he encountered some health concerns. S.A.N. immediately made some changes to the rifle including a name change to call the new production the S.A.N. 511. The biggest change was to the trigger which is an incredibly complex mechanism, hence expensive to make. The S.A.N. trigger is not bad but is a pale version of what Chris made.

I can attest to the fact that the AMSD is truly capable of .5 MOA accuracy as I own 1 of the 12 that ATRS imported directly from Chris in 2010.
    Thanks for the correction!

WOW. I get to fire a Bushmaster 50 BMG a few times annually. Definitely a Rush!

Hmmm. Nemesis 50 or divorce , nemesis 50 or divorce , decisions decisions

Simply amazing.

Went into the store today and took a look at it....

What a beast!!! I can't even wrap my head around shooting it. While it is not my cup of tea, I can see it would a blast, literally. The mussel break alone is a monster. I would think you would feel that shot hard, if you were standing next to the shooter when the trigger was pulled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast