Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures permission.

Posting pictures permission.

Hi,
    A couple of quick questions hopefully someone can help me with.
    I enjoy the threads where people post pictures of their gear. I tried to participate in one such thread and received the message **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    So my question is, how much is "more"? Is it a time frame, or a post count? And will it automatically be enabled once I reach that, or do I need to request the permission from a moderator?
    Any help is appreciated, thx.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 53Izzy744's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Ogilvy View Post
    Hi,
    A couple of quick questions hopefully someone can help me with.
    I enjoy the threads where people post pictures of their gear. I tried to participate in one such thread and received the message **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    So my question is, how much is "more"? Is it a time frame, or a post count? And will it automatically be enabled once I reach that, or do I need to request the permission from a moderator?
    Any help is appreciated, thx.
    You may also use a 3rd party image hosting site such as tinypic. You upload your pic there then use the link they provide and copy and paste it to the post on here.
    Sweet songs never last too long on broken radios

Quote Originally Posted by 53Izzy744 View Post
    You may also use a 3rd party image hosting site such as tinypic. You upload your pic there then use the link they provide and copy and paste it to the post on here.
    I used my google drive account to host the file when I received that message. I read the sticky on posting pictures so I knew I couldn't upload them directly. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I took that message as saying new members can't share photos until they contribute more to the forum.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    So why does CGN allow linking of 3rd party hosted pics then? It's not about money...

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Related thread:

Uploading photos
    <https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1753646-Uploading-photos>
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Thanks for the reply guys, but I've read the threads on how to post pictures and it doesn't work. I was using google drive, and I just tried using imgur and still no luck. I uploaded my pic, copied the link, used the "link" button in CGN reply box, and still get the message ....**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    Not sure what I am doing wrong.

CGN frequent flyer
    It appears to be a more recently implemented feature of this board, that new accounts can't include pictures in their posts.

Probably got another wave of spam bots posting #### or something…

Don't know the policy, for when the block on you will be lifted.
    ---
    I am the Viper.

I've come to vipe your vindows.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Ogilvy View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys, but I've read the threads on how to post pictures and it doesn't work. I was using google drive, and I just tried using imgur and still no luck. I uploaded my pic, copied the link, used the "link" button in CGN reply box, and still get the message ....**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    Not sure what I am doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by red_bailey View Post
    It appears to be a more recently implemented feature of this board, that new accounts can't include pictures in their posts....
    There you go.

CGN frequent flyer
    (If it's a simple matter of post count, note that posting in this Newbie forum does not add to the ticker!)
    ---
    I am the Viper.

I've come to vipe your vindows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast