Thread: Pics from FOC Industry Spotlight Vol 2.

Pics from FOC Industry Spotlight Vol 2.

Another great Industry Spotlight Day at FOC, this time Meprolight, EOtech, and Trijicon! For those unaware, Industry Spotlight Days feature the latest and greatest from host manufacturers with reps on hand to answer questions along with hands-on experience via simulator and in this case Airsoft!

Safety disclaimer: No guns shown were produced by 3D printers and no straws were used at any point in the making of this review.

For those of you who doubt the reliability of EOTech, this one had its glass blown out and you can still see the holographic reticle perfectly..incredible!

A newer XPS2 in a rare FDE

With the accompanying magnifier

The more typical black version of the kit

One of my favourite optics, the Mepro MOR…what I like best about it is that the passive/active reticle system is always visible, even when facing bright light, more so than others I have tried.

I also like the built in green laser (check the maple leaf below), which is much more visible than red.

Here is what it looks like mounted on a gun.

And the battle proven M21 reflex sight upon which the MOR was based, provides instant, all-light aiming capability, without batteries

For those who prefer electro optical red dots to holographics, the new Mepro M5 / RDS has an LED bullseye reticle and can go thousands of hours on a single AA battery.

Perhaps one of the coolest optics of the day, the new Meprolight FT..notice how there is no need for a front sight with this circle/dot design! My camera did not do it justice…believe me, it is BRIGHT! So hard to believe there is no battery or anything powering it just the fiber optic tubes.

As you may know, I am a big fan of Trijicon…I have always liked the ACOG

And here is the new 1-6x24 VCOG..it is indeed an FFP

Note the quick throw lever

And its bigger brother, the 1-8x28 Accupower

The 4th Mounted Rifles Association was on scene in support of the RED FRIDAY INITIATE, supporting individuals deployed at home and overseas…they had some nice pieces on display, including this M60 (airsoft I believe)

All done with displays, I headed to the soon to be opening range space to try some of the optics on the Chimera Simulator and airsoft guns.

I have seen the Chimera before but hadn’t tried it yet and now having done so, find it even more impressive! The guns simulate 60% felt recoil and you have to change mags and drop the slide just like a live gun. In case you want one in your basement, it’s about $100,000 for the system and $15,000 per extra gun.

I tried shooting with and without the red dot and I really like how the system allows for an “instant zero” when you put the red dot back on.

My grouping wasn’t too bad for a first time.

Last but not least, Airsoft…an impressive array of guns

Nice touch on the Noveske lol

I opted for this one..

[youtube]PXrUlFjoAAc[/youtube]

All in all a great day..thanks again to FOC, North Sylva, and Chimera…cant wait for the next one.

RL

Yo playa all dem gunz wuz strait up tite. Dis scopes cost mo than my crib. Is dem jeans robins?

No...Trues...although i do have Robins

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 00Buck's Avatar
    Yo dis review be straight up tite.

Glass is $$$ green lasers on lock.

Whip game and glass game on point.