Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little bit of history...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    The Conservatives never outfitted my brother in law all that well on this tour to Afghanistan. His POS Browning high power rattled and clunked. A joke. I offered to send him a Glock 17 or 22.
    your tupperware Glock wouldn't last a week in the sand,LOL.those Inglis High Powers have been giving good service since 1943.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by asco View Post
    5 bullets per soldier. Hmm. I don’t think that shows a lot of faith in the survival rate.
    If I were going into combat, I hope my government would give me at least 10 rounds.
    Cartridge belt is listed

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jona710 View Post
    Cartridge belt is listed
    Yeah but it only lists one clip of ammo. Waste of a belt really as you’d think the ammo would be in the rifle.

Ok, these guys went to war with more then 5 rounds.

It only lists 1 pair of socks as well. Do you think guys lived in trenches for 1 year with only one pair of socks?
    I am proud supporter of the: Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, Firefighters, Paramedics, Border Control
    Basically, if your put your life in danger to better this country, you have my respect.

It says 5 round clip but the Garand uses 8 round clips. It's either made up or just calculated as cost per round. The 03 Springfield would be a better match for those clips

At least everyone got a rifle, and ammo, the Russians would give a rifle to every other soldier, a few minutes into a battle if you were not given one there would be one to pick up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Arclight's Avatar
    A lot of money back then. I have my granddad's pay book. He was paid $1.30 a day in 1943 and it was bumped up to $1.75 a day in 1945.
    Vae Victis

CPC and OPC party member. CCFR, and OFHA member

Quote Originally Posted by asco View Post
    5 bullets per soldier. Hmm. I don’t think that shows a lot of faith in the survival rate.
    If I were going into combat, I hope my government would give me at least 10 rounds.
    I think they are referring to 5 clips 8rounds each
    GUNS spelled backwards is SNUG coincidence--- not,, cause I feel safe and snug when I am with my guns![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I will be nicer when you get smarter.....
    we can fix broken but stupid is forever.

The text specifies a Springfield (ie. an M1903) rifle, yet the photo shows a (Rifle, .30 Cal, M1) Garand ??....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12