Page 109 of 238 FirstFirst ... 8999101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117119129 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Greg, I'm in Blackfalds, I have the correct drill bit to make that hole a hair deeper.
    Send me a pm or msg me on Facebook
    Bad idea, instant warranty disqualification.

Always modify the least expensive part.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Greg, I'm in Blackfalds, I have the correct drill bit to make that hole a hair deeper.
    Send me a pm or msg me on Facebook
    I ground the pin down the night I put the gun together. No worries

CGN Regular
    Oops I slipped
    Last edited by McWilly; 05-21-2020 at 12:18 PM.

CGN Regular
    I cut my rod short in order to clear the barrel nut. Easy peazy. To get it out I used a magnet. ��

Quote Originally Posted by McWilly View Post
    I have the same problem with a milspec cover rod. Problem is i've installed it as deep as it goes and i am not interested in bringing a $500 reciever that close to a grinder. How in the name of Zeus' butthole do you get the rod out without destroying everything?

Also, my BCG doesn't pop the cover open when I cycle it (BAD enhanced M16 BCG with a milspec cover).
    I had to do that with my SLR. Use small needlenose pliers to get a purchase of the rod just rear of the cover spring. Just slowly work the rod forward, compressing the spring a mm at a time until enough of the end is exposed for you to grab with pliers.

As for the BCG not popping the cover, as discussed earlier you can remedy this by putting a bead of epoxy either on the BC or on the inside surface of the cover. In a regular AR, the cover is forced open when the widest part of the bolt carrier travels rearward and strikes the spring housing at the top of the cover. With the MS the gap is a little wider so some BCGs don't make contact with the cover. Build up either surface with a bead of epoxy or JB and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by BCreserveMP; 02-27-2019 at 02:12 AM.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Build up either surface with a bead of epoxy or JB and you should be good to go.
    For the price we paid for these sets, backyard gunsmithing isn't something that should happen.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    My Brownells ejection port cover and pin ,fit perfectly.

My cheapie Chinese Ali express dust cover fit and functions perfect
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    For the price we paid for these sets, backyard gunsmithing isn't something that should happen.
    Most bolt carrier groups do not create this issue. There are a handful of lightweight BCGs which are not mil-spec in proportion, in order to reduce weight. You can't expect any manufacturer to anticipate every deviation from milspec. I don't know why it bears repeating, but these are not ARs. These are custom designed very specifically to not be identical to ARs - including adding the feature of a slightly larger ejection port for people who want to use a larger caliber.. Backyard Gunsmithing is not necessary if you just want to stick to totally conventional parts.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Battle Arms Development Enhanced Bolt Carrier Group - Full Auto M16 Bolt Carrier, 9310 Bolt, Black Nitride Finished, Laser Engraved BAD Inc. Logo. Complete Bolt Carrier Group. The new bolt carrier geometry was designed to reduce carrier tilt and the key bearing surfaces are reloacted to increase reliability. Having fewer points of contact and an ultra-hard & bricious black nitride surface layer reduce friction and improves funciton.