Page 110 of 238 FirstFirst ... 90100102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118120130 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    For the price we paid for these sets, backyard gunsmithing isn't something that should happen.
    I hope its something that can be fixed with the FA uppers. Seems easy enough to fix anyways. But also fairly specific issue.
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    I hope its something that can be fixed with the FA uppers. Seems easy enough to fix anyways. But also fairly specific issue.
    Wasn’t it already said that it was happening because of the port, being wider to accommodate the 50 beo ?
    And that the FA model would not have this enlarged port and therefore the issue should be solved?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    One thing I would like to see in the FA. The rear tang that butts up to the charging handle could be longer.

Also it seems that there isn’t enough room for the cam pin. Both uppers have a chunk out of them from the cam pin. I couldn’t put the BCG into battery with two different BCGs.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Wasn’t it already said that it was happening because of the port, being wider to accommodate the 50 beo ?
    And that the FA model would not have this enlarged port and therefore the issue should be solved?
    Who the heck knows. They don't exactly keep a list of updates. And I've never got one of their emails. Only way to be properly updated it seems is to pick through all of the 4-5? Modern Sporster threads going on. Then maybe it would be more obvious. But if I did that I may as well make a nice thread with a timeline of all the updates.
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:38 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    For the price we paid for these sets, backyard gunsmithing isn't something that should happen.
    Agreed, but it’s us the backyard gunsmiths that are forcing us to do it. The Manufacturers have machined these for Mil-Spec parts and nothing more so we need to give them a pass. Build with mil-spec parts and leave them alone and they will undoubtedly provide years of trouble free use.
    CCFR — CSSA

I have a question about barrel length, gas system length, lw bcg, etc.

I plan on getting a 18.6" barrel and not sure if I should go with rifle length gas and non adj gb or less common to find, a mid length and a adj fb. Not sure if rifle length will have enough gas for lw bcm or depending on the ammo I shoot as well as have the handguard just cover the gb if adj or fully cover it if rifle length
    Hope I asked the question right.

Mainly looking for 18.6 1in8 .223 wylde (prefer non fluted but dont matter too much) and medium profile in between pencil and heavy.

Also what tools will I need indefinitely to build my MS?

Thanks in advance for my suggestions and advice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:38 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Agreed, but it’s us the backyard gunsmiths that are forcing us to do it. The Manufacturers have machined these for Mil-Spec parts and nothing more so we need to give them a pass. Build with mil-spec parts and leave them alone and they will undoubtedly provide years of trouble free use.
    *le-gasp* you mean to say we should SOIL our lovely receivers with parts for PLEBIANS?!?!?!?!
    I am a kit hor(der)

I tried my rifle this weekend. Firing the first round from a single-loaded magazine, the bolt locked back and cartridge ejected to 4 o'clock direction without any unusual markings. I tried 20 rounds of Bosnian import 223, 20 rounds of the cheapest Winchester FMJ, and 20 rounds of American Eagle, all 55 gr. All functioned perfectly.

Not really a fan of the DI gas system though, seeing the amount of residue in the internals after just 60 rounds.