Page 115 of 238 FirstFirst ... 95105107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123125135 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    I am running a Timney Calvin Elite in mine along with the Maritime bolt release, no problems. And no fitting required.
    +2, have a Calvin Elite and Maritime bolt catch, no fitment issues and isn't sloppy in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    Planning my build.
    For those of you running bsf barrels with .875 gas blocks, what are the options for mlok handguards? Superlative .875 gas blocks have a height of 1.616 inches. Thanks in advance
    I'm using the .936" Superlative adjustable block with an Aero Precision Enhanced MLok Gen 2 handguard, works great.

Does anyone know if the BCM gunfighter grips fit? I'm thinking of picking up a mod-3. Also has anyone used the geiselle LPK?
    Hitchvault.ca

Quote Originally Posted by scottcullen View Post
    Does anyone know if the BCM gunfighter grips fit? I'm thinking of picking up a mod-3. Also has anyone used the geiselle LPK?
    Needed a few washer on mine but fit fine otherwise.

Cheers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    I have BCM on mine, it fits good. I’ve used the Geiselle LPK on a couple, they work good. I think the safety is milled in the wrong place, the detent feels weird.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    I have BCM on mine, it fits good. I’ve used the Geiselle LPK on a couple, they work good. I think the safety is milled in the wrong place, the detent feels weird.
    Okay great! I was planning on waiting until Geisselle comes out with their in-house LPK, but with all the ban talk i'm ordering everything now. Is there another LPK that you would recommend?
    Hitchvault.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Okay great! I was planning on waiting until Geisselle comes out with their in-house LPK, but with all the ban talk i'm ordering everything now. Is there another LPK that you would recommend?
    I think the problem is with the Modern Sporter, not with the Geiselle LPK.

I really like the BCM enhanced LPK.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

I have a Bcm enhanced lpk in my sporter. Fit and finish is perfect and installation went off without a hitch.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar

The location of the safety is correct, and the location for the detent. The thickness of the material behind the trigger is off slightly in the first run which is why we upgraded all first run receivers to use our ball bearing and set screw.

If you're having some issues I'd like if you could email us at the shop to discuss, as I'd like to ensure as much compatibility as possible with all reputable parts producers.

Took me longer then most because of health issues… but the first one is finally done…
    For those that want to know what is what… from top to bottom, rear to front:

- NF NXS 2.5-10x42 MOAR, ADM 30 moa Recon mount, MS level, Buttler Creek covers, Magpul MBUS, Triad scope & crown cover,

- Limbsaver pad, Magpul CTR, V7 lightweight buffer tube, Armaspec captive buffer, V7 Ti castle nut, QD lock plate & buffer retainer, Ergo Deluxe grip & Ti nut,

- Brownells Paratrooper charging handle, lightweight BCG, BSF 20" fluted 6.5 Grendel, SLR Ti adjustable gas block, Brownells black gas tube,

- 13" Fortis Switch handguard & barrel nut, (14" is on the way), Magpul rail covers, MDT MLOK rail, ADM bipod QD, Harris BRS & Pod-Loc, JP Rifle comp,

- Ergo Deluxe grip, - CMMG upper and lower pin & spring kits, Timney Calvin Elite Gold trigger, PDQ ambidextrous bcg lock & release, V7 Ti: takedown pins, ambi safety, mag release, firing pin,

- 3BUCC camo brass catcher, Magpul MS4, a few ASC 10 rds pistol mags, a few Federal M205 AR (came in a case lot of 5000)…a few Hornady cases (came in a case lot of 3300), a few Hornady 123 ELDM (came in a case lot of 4000), sort of like why weiners come in 12 packs and buns in 8 packs?

- UTG 38” web case, Tactical Solution’s AR-22LR barrel & BCG conversion kit (on the way…), Dewey action guide, 2 piece take down rods, jags, brushes, patches…

Gun does 6.4 lbs with empty mag, without scope or pod.
    Assembly was simple and straightforward. The MS receivers are spot on!

Will break it in slow & easy and work up loads. Going hog hunting in June. Summer is finally here!
    Thank you to all who inspired it.
    ��