Page 116 of 238 FirstFirst ... 96106108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124126136 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Beautiful build.

I gotta ask, how do you like the PDQ bolt release? I have been really thinking about putting that on one of mine. Does it function properly? Will it interfere with the ejection port cover (I heard it can, also I see that you didn't install a cover)?

Other than cutting the slot in the lower was there anything else you had to do?

Thanks for the input.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Beautiful build.

I gotta ask, how do you like the PDQ bolt release? I have been really thinking about putting that on one of mine. Does it function properly? Will it interfere with the ejection port cover (I heard it can, also I see that you didn't install a cover)?

Other than cutting the slot in the lower was there anything else you had to do?

Thanks for the input.
    I love the PDQ and I think it's brilliant. It truly helps a right handed shooter and simplifies things !
    I find the AR platform is awkward in engaging the bolt hold open when you want to do it quickly... such as when you get a jam in a rifle match...
    If the right hand is holding the grip and the left hand is pulling the charging handle, you're short of a second left hand for the normal bolt open on the left side...

Install is real simple. Just continue milling the slot across (you can drill and file...), touch it up with Aluminum Black... and install it like any other hold open lever. I've converted all my ARs to PDQs and have NO regrets !
    Cheers
    Last edited by Pratique50; 06-01-2019 at 05:01 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I REALLY miss the ambi bolt release that is on my MV. It's the one feature I really wish that the MS still had but I know everyone wanted cheap.
    Now to find a PDQ. I know a z tech had a few but they're now out of stock.
    Welcome for the info. 100 $ for a PDQ... no excuse not to have one !

Shooting update

For those wanting to know if a Modern Sporter can shoot accurately...
    10 rounds, Hornady factory 123 grs, in about 1 minute, light breeze from 9 o'clock condition... @ 103 meters (114 yards) well under 1 moa...

If you look closely at the caliper, the group size is 1.2", edge to edge, @ 103 meters (114 yards)...
    Correct me if the math is wrong... but this equals 1.053" at 100 yards (1.20/114x100)
    - 2.64" for caliber diameter = .789" center to center
    .789"/1.047" (value in inch of one moa at 100 yards) = .75 moa
    Not bad for a 10 rounds group, fired under a minute, with factory ammo...
    ATRS Modern Sporters shoot !!!

'nough said !!

Quote Originally Posted by Pratique50 View Post
    Shooting update

10 rounds, Hornady factory 123 grs, in about 1 minute, light breeze from 9 o'clock condition... @ 103 meters (114 yards) well under 1 moa...

If you look closely at the caliper, the group size is 1.2", edge to edge, @ 103 meters (114 yards)...
    Correct me if the math is wrong... but this equals 1.053" at 100 yards (1.20/114x100)

'nough said !!
    I put your group into my ballistic-x app. It spit out a .82 moa. That's still mighty impressive for 10 rounds in under a minute with a semi auto. Good shooting

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    I put your group into my ballistic-x app. It spit out a .82 moa. That's still mighty impressive for 10 rounds in under a minute with a semi auto. Good shooting
    When one has a toy he really likes... it is one of life's little pleasure and reward to use it well...
    Thanks Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratique50 View Post
    Shooting update

'nough said !!
    What you're actually showing is that the BSF 20 inch barrel can shoot. The receiver set has very little to do with accuracy unless it's out of spec and the barrel is not held properly.

Nice shooting though, that's quite an impressive group for 10 rounds in under a minute.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Anyone know if this run of FA receiver sets are still on track to ship out for September?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Alright, I've made it through the entire first production run, EVERYONE has been contacted for any and all receiver types, slick side, forward assist, doesn't matter.

If you are in the first production run and you have ordered a forward assist upper, check your email. If you don't have an email, now is the time to contact us: info@albertatacticalrifle.com

For those of you in the second and third production runs, we are trying to avoid sending uppers and lowers out separately. By shipping them together, it gives us one last chance to go over them for quality control and make sure everything has a nice tight fit.
    If you are in the second production run and you are adamant about getting your upper and lower shipped separately, you can also contact us at info@albertatacticalrifle.com