Page 120 of 238 FirstFirst ... 100110112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128130140 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

A vise block will help you in seating a tight barrel extension when you aren't able to use the reaction rod.
    As someone who hasn't purchased one yet but is looking over the fence, are we really worried about torquing with a vise block and tweaking/distorting a billet 7075 MS upper?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    So I have the exact same BCG and asked around a lot about using an adjustable gas block or not. Overall I got chided for suggesting that I wasn't going to use adjustable, so this is very good to see. Thanks for posting.
    If you have the standard TiN BCG like he has you'll be good without an AGB as its around the standard milspec 12 oz weight.

Hey guys, second post on CGN - I joined for this build thread and the photo thread. I still have a while to wait for my receiver set but here’s my build list. First time building an AR from scratch so if I am missing anything or you see something that won’t work, please let me know. This will be primarily a 3 gun rifle but with the option to take hunting for small game and/or some medium range target shooting from a bench.

Upper:
    MRA V1 match barrel - 18.6”, SPR straight flute
    MRA V1 handguard - 15” FDE
    MRA rock solid brake
    Superlative Arms adjustable gas block - 0.750” clamp on
    Rifle length gas tube
    Radian raptor SL charging handle
    Brownells lightweight BCG
    generic dust cover

Lower:
    JP silent captured spring
    Timney calvin elite trigger
    Magpul K2+ grip FDE
    MRA 45deg ambi safety
    Geissele maritime bolt release
    Norgon ambi mag release
    generic lower parts kit
    generic mil spec buffer tube and castle nut
    Magpul endplate with QD
    Magpul CTR stock - interested in the B5 sopmod as well but not sure how different the colour is from the magpul FDE

Accessories:
    Primary arms ACSS 1-6x gen3 LPVO
    Magpul flip up sights
    Magpul C-grip
    Magpul MS4 sling

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    So I have the exact same BCG and asked around a lot about using an adjustable gas block or not. Overall I got chided for suggesting that I wasn't going to use adjustable, so this is very good to see. Thanks for posting.
    Also have a Spikes T1 Tungsten Buffer and JP silent spring.

Quote Originally Posted by eastrod View Post
    Hey guys, second post on CGN - I joined for this build thread and the photo thread. I still have a while to wait for my receiver set but here’s my build list. First time building an AR from scratch so if I am missing anything or you see something that won’t work, please let me know. This will be primarily a 3 gun rifle but with the option to take hunting for small game and/or some medium range target shooting from a bench.

Upper:
    MRA rock solid brake
    Rifle length gas tube
    generic dust cover

Lower:
    Magpul K2+ grip FDE
    MRA 45deg ambi safety
    Norgon ambi mag release
    generic lower parts kit
    Magpul endplate with QD
    Magpul CTR stock - interested in the B5 sopmod as well but not sure how different the colour is from the magpul FDE

Accessories:
    Magpul flip up sights
    Magpul C-grip
    Magpul MS4 sling
    Welcome to CGN!! I’m also waiting quite a while for my set and it will be my first Ar style build as well. That sounds like a nice setup you have there. I don’t see anything missing from that list, looks good to me!
    “I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by eastrod View Post

Upper:
    MRA rock solid brake
    Rifle length gas tube
    generic dust cover

Lower:
    Magpul K2+ grip FDE
    MRA 45deg ambi safety
    Norgon ambi mag release
    generic lower parts kit
    Magpul endplate with QD

Accessories:
    Magpul flip up sights
    Magpul C-grip
    Magpul MS4 sling
    Looks like a good build. My personal preference for a ambi magazine release is the Troy Industries one. The button is quite a bit bigger and I find easier to use.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Looks like a good build. My personal preference for a ambi magazine release is the Troy Industries one. The button is quite a bit bigger and I find easier to use.
    Do your mags drop free using the Troy ambi release? I use the Norgon and they only drop free on a closed bolt for me. They still release enough so I can pull them out otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Do your mags drop free using the Troy ambi release? I use the Norgon and they only drop free on a closed bolt for me. They still release enough so I can pull them out otherwise.
    I actually haven't tried a Troy ambi magazine release on my ATRS MS. I run it on a couple of my AR's and they do drop free from my AR's. Give me a few days to get home from work and I'll swap one into my ATRS MS to see if it functions.

CGN Regular
    Removed

Hey guys
    I’m getting some parts together for my MS build. I was wanting to go with a JP enterprise BCG with their enhanced bolt. And was going to try a Vltor Buffer System to go with my 18.6” BSF barrel. Has anyone tried either of these or heard of any issues?