Page 128 of 238 FirstFirst ... 108118120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136138148 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by wolfenrun View Post
    Does any modification need to happen if I intend to buy a JP ENTERPRISES, 22LR BUNDLE, 18.00” BLACK TEFLON BARREL, BOLT CARRIER GROUP, CHARGING HANDLE, DUST COVER combo? I know you need to modify the CMMG version. Was wondering if you had to do the same for the JP version?
    Yes, slight mod needed. ATRS charges $50 to do it for you.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty1zer View Post
    I have a Timney Competition 3lb Single Stage ( TT-667S) waiting for its home, starting to wonder if I made the right choice.
    Anybody have any experience with this trigger?
    I have one in my Stag-10, and I like it so far. Crisp break with little movement. I believe I will be putting one in my MS when it comes.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

What exactly needs to be modified on the CMMG or JP 22 kits?

^ following this

Quote Originally Posted by pac_man View Post
    What exactly needs to be modified on the CMMG or JP 22 kits?
    The JP requires a minor mod to the barrel (less intensive), basically it’s all down to reducing the size of these conversion kits as the sporter upper is slightly longer. You’ll notice the bolt carrier sticks out about 1/8th of an inch on a modern sporter. On the JP we machine a 1/8” deep recess into the barrel face where their guide rod moves. On the CMMG we build and install a custom block on the back of the carrier to hold their rod and spring, and then we can trim the plate at the back.

From Alberta Tactical

Thanks Sphen

Quote Originally Posted by sphen View Post
    The JP requires a minor mod to the barrel (less intensive), basically it’s all down to reducing the size of these conversion kits as the sporter upper is slightly longer. You’ll notice the bolt carrier sticks out about 1/8th of an inch on a modern sporter. On the JP we machine a 1/8” deep recess into the barrel face where their guide rod moves. On the CMMG we build and install a custom block on the back of the carrier to hold their rod and spring, and then we can trim the plate at the back.

From Alberta Tactical
    Good to know, maybe I'll just send them my tactical solutions bolt and barrel when my receivers are ready.

Thanks

Without ruffling any feathers, or causing any sort of hysteria does anyone know where things sit with production run #2? We're into September, I'm excited, and don't apologize for it lol. I figure there might be an eager beaver that's harassed ATRS and might have some insight on here? My serial number is in the 260's and can't wait to get this little boom boom stick and do some load development with her!

Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    Without ruffling any feathers, or causing any sort of hysteria does anyone know where things sit with production run #2? We're into September, I'm excited, and don't apologize for it lol. I figure there might be an eager beaver that's harassed ATRS and might have some insight on here? My serial number is in the 260's and can't wait to get this little boom boom stick and do some load development with her!
    It saddens me knowing were into September and the 200's haven't seen or heard anything yet.
    I'm in the 400's, heres to hoping they're doing large batches!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty1zer View Post
    It saddens me knowing were into September and the 200's haven't seen or heard anything yet.
    I'm in the 400's, heres to hoping they're doing large batches!
    When did you pre order? My understanding is that it’s based on chronological order date and not SN. I preordered in oct of 2018 but didn’t pay in full until May. So I’m in the 300’s but should
    Be one of the first to get their receiver set.