Page 129 of 238 FirstFirst ... 109119121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137139149 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty1zer View Post
    It saddens me knowing were into September and the 200's haven't seen or heard anything yet.
    I'm in the 400's, heres to hoping they're doing large batches!
    While at the shop today on unrelated business, all the guys are hustling back and forth between the 2 shops with lowers in various stages of completion. I was told some lowers are out for anodizing and they should be back in the next week or 2. I felt sorry for Rick today running his ass off as Dustin and Shaun are away to TACCOM for the week. 2 phones ringing, emails to deal with and guys like me wanting buy stuff is a lot for 1 guy to manage at once.

Like Rick keeps pointing out they can be making lowers or answering emails, phone calls and entertaining drop ins who are there just to waste some time but not both.

From experience with several other guns they have built for me, when they say they will call when it is ready, they DO!

Apparently all of the uppers for runs 2&3 are done, and lowers are being run now and yes Qwerty1zer they are making aLARGE batch as in close to 1000 lowers . There are literally pallets of blocks stacked up awaiting their turn in a machine.

Patience guys, all good things will come. From what I saw today things are getting real close.

Last edited by Qwerty1zer; 10-18-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Realistically, I'll be happy to get my receivers by Christmas. If any new information is available, it will be posted on the forum or in your email.

I feel like asking for updates is a futile task. The updates will be posted as fast as anyone with any could type.

Let's not be the guy that Rick puts to the bottom of the pile for making the phone ring off the hook, or flooding his inbox. Your receivers are in the hands of professionals, gentleman.

I just want it before hunting season, I ordered in October and have a low serial number. I have been very patient and will be very upset to miss out another season. They should not have given a date if they can’t meet it, Or at least update... we will understand if there are complications.

Anyone having trouble using 5.56 in MRA's 18.5 inch mid length gas barrel? Rounds cycle but the primers are popping out. 223 runs fine. Overgas?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tsarmn View Post
    Anyone having trouble using 5.56 in MRA's 18.5 inch mid length gas barrel? Rounds cycle but the primers are popping out. 223 runs fine. Overgas?
    Usually hot rounds. Happened to me with Federal Independence XM193I on Tavor’s but not AR. Happened on Norinco 5.56 on both AR and Tavor’s.

What rounds are you using?
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by pinakaleada View Post
    usually hot rounds. Happened to me with federal independence xm193i on tavor’s but not ar. Happened on norinco 5.56 on both ar and tavor’s.

What rounds are you using?
    xm193

Quote Originally Posted by tsarmn View Post
    Sounds like a ammo problem....are you using independence m193? That's very hot stuff. I have a MS with a WK180 take off barrel which is a carbine length. Needed to use an adjustable gas block to make it run decent, it was way over gassed.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    Sounds like a ammo problem....are you using independence m193? That's very hot stuff. I have a MS with a WK180 take off barrel which is a carbine length. Needed to use an adjustable gas block to make it run decent, it was way over gassed.
    I want my build to run everything. What should I do? Adjustable gas block? New barrel? New buffer?

As stated above the XM193 is very hot ammo. It's not the guns fault the primers are popping out it's the ammos fault. Dont shoot it anymore. That's the only way to fix your problem. The primer pops out within the first inch of the barrel. Thats where the most pressure is generated. As the bullet travels down the barrel pressure decreases. Adding an adjustable gas block will only tune how your cases eject. Same with a heavier buffer. I new barrel with a slower twist like a 1:12 might solve the problem but that limits you to 55gr bullets and under. Either shoot different ammo or gas cut your bolt face. Those are your 2 options.