Page 130 of 238 FirstFirst ... 110120122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138140150 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Do the non-adjustable TriggerTech triggers drop right in on the MS?
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Quote Originally Posted by apex survival View Post
    Do the non-adjustable TriggerTech triggers drop right in on the MS?
    Yes it was only the adjustable and now diamond that wouldnt fit due to the set screw used to adjust trigger pull weight. The new run of uppers and lowers have had this issue addressed and are supposed to be able to fit the adjustable and diamond triggertech triggers now. I think...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    As stated above the XM193 is very hot ammo. It's not the guns fault the primers are popping out it's the ammos fault. Dont shoot it anymore. That's the only way to fix your problem. The primer pops out within the first inch of the barrel. Thats where the most pressure is generated. As the bullet travels down the barrel pressure decreases. Adding an adjustable gas block will only tune how your cases eject. Same with a heavier buffer. I new barrel with a slower twist like a 1:12 might solve the problem but that limits you to 55gr bullets and under. Either shoot different ammo or gas cut your bolt face. Those are your 2 options.
    Thank you for your insight! I will stay away from xm193.

Is xm855 okay to shoot out of a 5.56 18.6” barrel? Mid length gas and 1:7 twist. Or should I just buy bulk .223 instead? I don’t have my receiver set yet I’ve just slowly been buying ammo.
    Hitchvault.ca

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    While at the shop today on unrelated business, all the guys are hustling back and forth between the 2 shops with lowers in various stages of completion. I was told some lowers are out for anodizing and they should be back in the next week or 2. I felt sorry for Rick today running his ass off as Dustin and Shaun are away to TACCOM for the week. 2 phones ringing, emails to deal with and guys like me wanting buy stuff is a lot for 1 guy to manage at once.

Like Rick keeps pointing out they can be making lowers or answering emails, phone calls and entertaining drop ins who are there just to waste some time but not both.

From experience with several other guns they have built for me, when they say they will call when it is ready, they DO!

Apparently all of the uppers for runs 2&3 are done, and lowers are being run now and yes Qwerty1zer they are making aLARGE batch as in close to 1000 lowers . There are literally pallets of blocks stacked up awaiting their turn in a machine.

Patience guys, all good things will come. From what I saw today things are getting real close.
    Glad I read this. Sent an email last week to see if they received my handguard to be sent off to get cerakoted with my reciever sets but I'll hold off on sending another.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tsarmn View Post
    xm193
    IIRC all of the XM labelled ammo the Federal is dumping is actually rejected by the US Military Lake City made ammo.
    The 50 cal ammo that was labelled XM was crap I know for sure. I have not bothered to risk any more ammo labelled XM in any of my guns.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by leakproofpuma7 View Post
    Glad I read this. Sent an email last week to see if they received my handguard to be sent off to get cerakoted with my reciever sets but I'll hold off on sending another.
    I imagine the boys can type pretty well but let me tell you watching Rick navigate a keyboard is painful to say the least. Sorry dude

Perfect^...looking forward to putting that TT in. Have a ALG ACT in now, its pretty decent but want something a bit lighter.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    i imagine the boys can type pretty well but let me tell you watching rick navigate a keyboard is painful to say the least. Sorry dude
    ouch!!!
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there