Page 132 of 238 FirstFirst ... 112122124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140142152 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

I did order a lower parts kit, didn't realize it was included. Why do you recomend an extended pin?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imark93 View Post
    I did order a lower parts kit, didn't realize it was included. Why do you recomend an extended pin?
    All of mine are tight, usually I have to find something to poke the pin out enough for my ape hands to grab it. I can’t use my fingernails to start it.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    So I intend to build a 6.5 grendel upper, but I want it to be as light as possible.

I'm looking for advice on a barrel, bcg and buffer combo with weight savings in mind. Buffer system will have to be compatible with 223 as well.
    My 6.5 Grendel MS weighs just a touch under 6lb. with scope, bipod & sling 7.8ish lb. I've fired about 400 rounds through it and it's about a 1.25moa gun with factory ammo.

I used a 20" Faxon 6.5 Grendel barrel, JP enterprises 6.5grendel bolt & the JP enterprises aluminum bolt carrier. Also a JP enterprises Silent Capture spring system Gen II standard weight with the normal spring (this will work with .223 perfectly fine). An adjustable gas block is required if running a lightweight carrier. I'm using a SLR rifle works titanium clamp on gas block.

Light weight is expensive. A 7lb rifle could easily be done for $2500-$3000 all in. I'm over $5500 into mine ($1250 optic, $500 bipod). Concentrate on the big items first for weight savings. Barrel, Handguard, Bolt Carrier, Stock, Optic. All the small items (Pins, FA, port door, magazine catch, etc) don't add that much more weight but can quickly bring the price up.

Sooner or later I'll get around to making a post about it. I've just been waay to busy with work and other commitments, I've only been home 8 days in the last 3 months. With work slowing down, this winter I should have lots of time to make a detailed post.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Thanks! That was very helpful.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

I’m also planning a 6.5 grendel: Proof carbon fiber barrel and JP BCG, Fortis switch rail etc

Where are you guys getting your 6.5 components or ammo? I haven’t figured that out yet

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pac_man View Post
    I’m also planning a 6.5 grendel: Proof carbon fiber barrel and JP BCG, Fortis switch rail etc

Where are you guys getting your 6.5 components or ammo? I haven’t figured that out yet
    We make/stock and carry or can source all the parts and components and ammo for the 6.5 Grendel
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    So I intend to build a 6.5 grendel upper, but I want it to be as light as possible.

I'm looking for advice on a barrel, bcg and buffer combo with weight savings in mind. Buffer system will have to be compatible with 223 as well.
    Many options for barrels, we can make a barrel any contour or length or twist you wish, we can also supply Proof or BSF CFW barrels.
    For bolts JP seems to be 1 of the best but we are also seeing good success with the Brownells bolts. The JP silent captured buffer system works extremely well but the standard AR15 spring and buffer also will work. The 223 standard buffer system is all that is required.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    If I wanted some spare FA uppers, how long would the wait be? Is it the same as the lowers?
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    To our valued customers:

Due to the overwhelming number of daily inquiries on progress of Modern Sporter receivers we are not offering updated estimations of delivery on individual orders. The drain on our limited manpower is causing delays with having to respond either by phone or email to every inquiry about when a specific order might be shipping.
    The second production run is over 700 units and will start shipping within the next week or so and will continue shipping out over the next few months as receivers are ready.

If you are in the third production run (ordered after April 15th) then your receiver is anticipated sometime in the late spring / Early summer of 2020.

The day your order is ready to ship we will be in contact.

Your patience and understanding in this is appreciated.
    Thank you.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    If I wanted some spare FA uppers, how long would the wait be? Is it the same as the lowers?
    hoping to get this answer in the next couple of days. I've got literally 2 inches of paperwork sitting on my desk after TACCOM. The answer will be revealed once it's all been entered in.