Page 138 of 238 FirstFirst ... 118128130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146148158 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

It's a shame for sure. If it were me, I would cut what I had to in order to make a perfect fit, after everything fit nice, I'd remove it and have the whole thing cerkoted.

Those Geissele are sure nice. I'd love to have one on my sporter.

Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    I'd also love some advice on quality FDE/DDC handguards. It seems a shame to chop up good rails. This Geissele set me back a pretty penny!
    The Maple Ridge Armoury handguards are quite nice, but I just can’t get past the look of them without the complete/full length top rail.

I’m hoping to make my Modern Sporter and my Stag-10 close copies/clones of each other, so I’m sure that’s going to reduce my handguard options
    Pull. Bang. Sh|t!

Change of plans here. I was going to go with a light weight 3 gun build but since I already have two 3 gun rifles I decided to build a dream hunting rifle of mine. Ever since I heard about the 7.62x40WT round I've wanted an AR patterned rifle chambered in that round. Now that I have a non-restricted option I'm going forward and building one. Ryan at iBi has been my source for the barrel. I can't wait. Light weight 30 cal bullets in a 5.56 case being shot out of a non-restricted AR type of platform. The round was designed for hogs. Here in NB I'll use it on everyone except moose.
    I'll post pics once i get rolling on the build.

CGN Regular
    Has anyone found a paint that reasonably matches Geissele DDC.
    :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Has anyone found a paint that reasonably matches Geissele DDC.
    :D
    You will have to match it to your DDC, the colour always changes.

CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    You will have to match it to your DDC, the colour always changes.
    Is there a brand or type of paint that anyone can recommend for touching up after I file to fit?

I'd prefer not to go the cerakote route since I have a matching Geissele charging handle and even an FDE bolt that's pretty close

CGN Regular
    apologies for not reading the first 139 pages - is there a list of compatible rails available?
    specifically i am look at the BCM MCMR or QRF rails (not sure if their anti-rotation piece will fit)

tx
    jg

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Many options for barrels, we can make a barrel any contour or length or twist you wish, we can also supply Proof or BSF CFW barrels.
    For bolts JP seems to be 1 of the best but we are also seeing good success with the Brownells bolts. The JP silent captured buffer system works extremely well but the standard AR15 spring and buffer also will work. The 223 standard buffer system is all that is required.
    i dont see why it would be any different than a AR15 spring and buffer, but any experience with the VLTOR/BCM A5 kits?
    also, while i have you, any feedback if the BCM MCMR or QRF rails are fitting without modification and/or with the antirotation?

thanks in advance

jg

So maybe this has been covered but to install a dust cover I simply grind off the band so that it can fully insert? Seems straight forward enough
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    So maybe this has been covered but to install a dust cover I simply grind off the band so that it can fully insert? Seems straight forward enough
    The band? You mean the c-shaped washer? yeah it can be pulled off with pliers too.
    f:P