Page 148 of 238 FirstFirst ... 128138140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156158168 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
    Bummer but thanks for the good explanation of what they do to make it work.

I want to do something different with my second upper... 30 ar is impossible to get a barrel and bolt for any more. I don’t really want to make brass.

Maybe 7mm Valkyrie if they get the Starline brass going.
    Why base it off of the valkyrie with hopes of starline brass? When you could base something off the grendel that has lapua brass readily available. The grendel is a far superior case design.

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    Ahhh you people and your builds .....I like the ideas that people come up with .....I’m super pumped for mine to come in .....277 wolverine....the 30 ar ...the 39...all seem like sweet projects .....hmmmm I guess I’ll have to buy more uppers
    Atrs you guys are the best .....with your product ...please keep up the good work

People keep the ideas coming and also please do tell where abouts to get the parts to build them

Thank you all
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Quote Originally Posted by lj007 View Post
    Is MRA bad?
    I have 4 MRA barrels, from what I experience they are very nice. They get their blanks from IBI, which are high quality.

The 4 barrels I have from them is a pencil .223 wylde RL, 2x .223 wylde ML (my favorite), and a 300blk CL. I plan on buying their grendel barrel for another upper.

I have yet to shoot the 300blk barrel, so I guess I can't really say much about it, but the others I shoot have been good. One of the .223ML barrels has seen over 10,000 rounds at this point, the other .223ML is still new in package.

Also, for a point of interest the MRA handguards fit the MS upper really nice, the lines of the guard and upper match nicely. (I can post a pic later, I haven't received my 2nd run order yet, but I bought another upper privately that I have at home)
    Last edited by ColinD; 11-08-2019 at 10:12 AM.

iBi 19" 7.62x4WT barrel
    Superlative Arms .936 adjustable gas block
    Maple Ridge SLW 15" handguard
    Phase 5 BCG
    G2 Trigger
    Rainer Arms tube, spring and buffer
    BCM Medium charging handle
    Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16x44 with ATRS Scope Rings of course
    That's the cool stuff.

CGN Regular
    MRA builds a quality product, and is made in Canada

CGN Regular
    Bought the bolt/barrel combo for about $280 shipped direct from MRA. Now I’ll strip my wife’s AR down and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    I have 4 MRA barrels, from what I experience they are very nice. They get their blanks from IBI, which are high quality.

The 4 barrels I have from them is a pencil .223 wylde RL, 2x .223 wylde ML (my favorite), and a 300blk CL. I plan on buying their grendel barrel for another upper.

I have yet to shoot the 300blk barrel, so I guess I can't really say much about it, but the others I shoot have been good. One of the .223ML barrels has seen over 10,000 rounds at this point, the other .223ML is still new in package.

Also, for a point of interest the MRA handguards fit the MS upper really nice, the lines of the guard and upper match nicely. (I can post a pic later, I haven't received my 2nd run order yet, but I bought another upper privately that I have at home)
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    MRA builds a quality product, and is made in Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rommelrommel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Why base it off of the valkyrie with hopes of starline brass? When you could base something off the grendel that has lapua brass readily available. The grendel is a far superior case design.
    For the sake of being different.

If I wimp out I’ll do 6.5 Grendel or 6.8SPCII.

Just FYI...MRA will be producing a full rail version of their V1 M-Lock handguard, available early next year. I contacted them last week regarding this and that was the timeline I was given.
    You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life - W.C.

Member NFA

CGN Regular
    Does Any one have a weight on just the SS receiver set (upper and lower)? I'm planning on doing a light weight build here when I get my other receiver in but can't find the weight on ATRS' website.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    Does Any one have a weight on just the SS receiver set (upper and lower)? I'm planning on doing a light weight build here when I get my other receiver in but can't find the weight on ATRS' website.
    Upper - 9.5 oz
    Lower - 10.2 oz