Page 151 of 238 FirstFirst ... 131141143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159161171 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    thought guys said the SI FA didnt work? did you have to do any mods?
    ATRS had the spacing wrong of the FA in relation the the bore the BCG travels in on the first batch FA uppers they made, it was too close to the bore by about 0.04" if I remember correctly, so the FA might stick into the bore the BCG rides in and rub the Bolt Carrier. Some FA assist fit no problem, some didn't, depending on the BCG you had. ATRS as far as I know have fixed this issue and going forward this shouldn't be a problem with any FA upper, as long as it wasn't from the first batch they made.
    Last edited by mileageman; 11-15-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    ATRS had the spacing wrong of the FA in relation the the bore the BCG travels in on the first batch FA uppers they made, it was too close to the bore by about 0.04" if I remember correctly, so the FA might stick into the bore the BCG rides in and rub the Bolt Carrier. Some FA assist fit no problem, some didn't, depending on the BCG you had. ATRS as far as I know have fixed this issue and going forward this shouldn't be a problem with any FA upper, as long as it wasn't from the first batch they made.
    Did we really though? ;-) Or did strike industries just make their forward assists really weird?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    doesnt sound like it fitting like a glove...performance impact?
    Have you seen my gun, I use it like intended! Not once did the Strike affect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Did we really though? ;-) Or did strike industries just make their forward assists really weird?
    I never did try a strike inustries, because I didn't have one. Mine was a V7 light weight, which btw is dimensionally identical to a Colt Canada, Colt USA, Colt M16a1, a DPMS and the one that came in my Stag 10.

And yes you were off diemensionally. Don't make me take pictures and post them

Delete
    Last edited by Patt08; 12-05-2019 at 11:58 PM.
    |CCFR|

CGN Regular
    I only had that issue on a magpul grip. A2 and Daniel defence grips worked no problem. I use a v7 titanium screw.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    So on the newest/most recently sent fa uppers are they working or not with the strike?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Have you seen my gun, I use it like intended! Not once did the Strike affect anything.
    Doesnt matter what it looks like or your use of it the stike either hangs/rubs/etc or it doesnt. Thx for lettinf me know no performance issues. Assume yours is a first run FA upper?

Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    Got my receiver set today. Fit and finish is fantastic. Was going together smoothly until I went to put the pistol grip on. There is not enough room to tighten the screw down far enough to get the grip tight enough that it wont wobble allover the place. Going to have to cut my grip screw down i guess.

*Edit* Grip was an ergo. Tried the screw provided and it was too long, and also my a2 grip and screw was too long. Luckily had a magpul one kicking around and it is much shorter. Worked like a charm.
    I had the same issue with mine, all three of my bolts were too long, added a couple of washers. Problem solved.

Delete
    Last edited by Patt08; 12-05-2019 at 11:58 PM.
    |CCFR|