Page 153 of 238 FirstFirst ... 133143145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161163173 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

My barrel fit loosly as well, I tried a couple different ones and it was the same for all of them. Didn't really think much of it as they tightened up just fine with the barrel nut.

If it was a barrel problem then how did this same barrel fit my SLR? I also tried this barrel in a spare upper I had kicking around and it fit snug. I tried my ballistic advantage barrel in my MS upper and it was also loose.

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Sounds like a barrel problem not an upper problem. Both of my uppers fit the barrels very tight and I had to use the barrel nut to seat the barrel completely
    |CCFR|

It still fits the Ms upper. Every dimension on the uppers are checked after they get them back from ano and if it's not within spec they don't ship it out. Tolerance stacking is a problem. If you have a barrel extension on the small side and an upper on the bigger side of the tolerance its going to be loose. If you are worried about it send it back to atrs and get them to double check it with your barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    It still fits the Ms upper. Every dimension on the uppers are checked after they get them back from ano and if it's not within spec they don't ship it out. Tolerance stacking is a problem. If you have a barrel extension on the small side and an upper on the bigger side of the tolerance its going to be loose. If you are worried about it send it back to atrs and get them to double check it with your barrel.
    My question was should I be worried about it. Everything is put together and shoots good so idk. I just don't have experience with this particular issue is all. I emailed them anyways, so ill see what they say when they get back to me.
    |CCFR|

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    My question was should I be worried about it. Everything is put together and shoots good so idk. I just don't have experience with this particular issue is all. I emailed them anyways, so ill see what they say when they get back to me.
    There is no safety concern in regards to what you are describing. If a tighter fit is desired I have heard from some folks that they bed their barrel extension into all upper receivers using loctite 620. This is not a method that I have experience using myself, and am merely passing along a customers recommendation. Use at your own risk. [Although I am told there is no risk]

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    One option I’ve seen is people use Indian head (brand name) basket shellac compound. Check out “fifty%” on YouTube. He swears by the stuff. I’d sooner use than that a locktite, at least this you can remove easily.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The green loctite 620 isn't a thread locker, it's a retaining compound designed for cylindrical applications, seems perfect. We use this stuff at work all the time, it will fill a gap of 0.015.

I never thought of using it, but I will definitely "borrow" a few drops from work if needed for my barrel/upper.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    There is no safety concern in regards to what you are describing. If a tighter fit is desired I have heard from some folks that they bed their barrel extension into all upper receivers using loctite 620. This is not a method that I have experience using myself, and am merely passing along a customers recommendation. Use at your own risk. [Although I am told there is no risk]
    Just remember, 620 is permanent. You would need to heat it up to over 500deg F to get the loctite to break it's bond before you hammer it out. Lots of people do it, but I would rather not since I change my mind on barrels pretty often.
    ��
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Not seeing many builds, lets see more photos guys.

-Robbie L

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLaidlaw View Post
    Not seeing many builds, lets see more photos guys.

"Mk12 mod 1" Modern SPRter

ATRS MS receiver
    Custom ATRS SPR barrel 18.6"
    Ops Inc. 12th Collar and brake
    DD mk12 gas block
    Knights Armament mk12 mod 1 free float RAS
    Knights Armament flip up M4 front sight
    Knights Armament folding micro rear sight
    PRI M84 gas buster charging handle
    LMT FA BCG
    Larue Tactical LT104 QD SPR mount
    Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x24 MD