CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 160 of 202 FirstFirst ... 140150152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168170180 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2014

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Got a smokin' deal on a 15" Midwest Industries handguard from Brownells. $189.95 regular on sale for $82.99 minus 11% discount code brought it down to $73.86

Wish their model of this that fits the Stag 10 was on sale like that!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Haven't heard of any at all, what's he encountering?
    can bring it by the shop this afternoon for a quick look if you are willing/able?
    jg
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    can bring it by the shop this afternoon for a quick look if you are willing/able?
    jg
    Were you able to sort this out ? Wondering because that’s the trigger I wanted to use

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastLowbedder View Post
    Were you able to sort this out ? Wondering because that’s the trigger I wanted to use
    no. they are too busy this week to take a look. we will try next week. we unfortunately dont have another trigger to try, but would think the geiselle would be within spec....
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    no. they are too busy this week to take a look. we will try next week. we unfortunately dont have another trigger to try, but would think the geiselle would be within spec....
    You would think so right .. I know the SSA-E model works and they look really similar , seems like there are quite a few that work in mil-spec AR,s but not the MS. Hope you figure it out , thanks for the reply

IBI has 19" 223 Wylde barrels on for $239 Black Friday special. I just ordered one

Get 'em while the deals on
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastLowbedder View Post
    You would think so right .. I know the SSA-E model works and they look really similar , seems like there are quite a few that work in mil-spec AR,s but not the MS. Hope you figure it out , thanks for the reply
    np, keep you posted on here and there is a thread in black guns as well on triggers for the MS
    CCFR Member

IBI has 19" 223 Wylde barrels on for $239 Black Friday special. I just ordered one

Get 'em while the deals on

Do these provide good accuracy?
    I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.

Quote Originally Posted by mclmm View Post
    Do these provide good accuracy?
    From the IBI website:

223 Wylde AR15 19" Special profile w/ .750 Gas Journal. 1/8 Twist 5R rifling.

These barrels are basically the same profile as the 19" M/S profile BUT instead of a .936 gas block it uses a .750 gas block. Also these barrels are NOT honed. Still double stress relieved and hand lapped but NOT honed. They seem to still shoot well nonetheless. Rifle length gas system. 1/2-28 muzzle threads.
    So the main difference between the "Black Friday Special" barrel and their regular barrel is that they skip the honing process on this barrel. You don't get a $239 barrel without a corner being cut somewhere. It's till double stress relieved and hand lapped so I still expect decent results.

I suspect this would be no different than the blanks MRA was getting from them as there is no way MRA could buy the top tier blank, machine the barrel, and make a decent profit margin. My MRA barrels have shot satisfactorily for me and I expect this to be no different.

If you want to squeeze the utmost accuracy out of a barrel your going to have to spend a lot more $$ to gain that last little bit.

Time will tell how good this is but I am confident this barrels ability will exceed it's price point.

At $239 they are practically giving them away. There's nothing to lose by trying one.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Thanks. Appreciate the input. Any guidance on the best value BCG, LPK, FCG, and gas block given some of the current sales?
    Last edited by mclmm; 11-30-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.