Page 165 of 238 FirstFirst ... 145155157158159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173175185 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    There is a local to you barrel maker that will make you a barrel
    Tried Jury first. If he could have made me a blank this would have been done a long long time ago.

On the topic of handguards again, anyone know of any with the same type of coating/color of the upper and lower itself, or is there a service that would do that for handguards that can colour match?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralmetal View Post
    On the topic of handguards again, anyone know of any with the same type of coating/color of the upper and lower itself, or is there a service that would do that for handguards that can colour match?
    Our uppers and lowers are Milspec type 3 hard anodized. Very few handguards employ 7075 aluminum, mostly due to cost but it is also not necessary so 6061 is used. the down side of that is unfortunately the different substrate does not quite look the same when anodized.
    To have all of it truly identical we can CeraKote the entire upper, lower and handguard.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Good to know, out of curiosity what would cerakote cost?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Good to know, out of curiosity what would cerakote cost?
    upper lower and handguard is $250 for one color.

First thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. It was quite helpful as I fretted about my build. I only have 20 rounds through mine (with the scope mounted properly this time....that was embarrassing, but I was sooooooo excited to take a picture). A couple things to help those in the same spot I was a year ago:
    JP captured buffer. Just do it, I can not say enough about how happy I am with this. Do you need it, no. Does it smooth things out, YES!
    MRA parts. I have the pencil profile, shoots one hole at 25m - not conclusive at all but encouraging. The MRA comp, hell yea, as good or better than my JP, which was pretty dam effective. Handguard fit, its so minor as to not really notice. My goal was to go as Canadian as possible with the build and am super happy with the results.
    Light weight BCG. Holly #### what a bunch of BS around these. People warned me that this was not the way to go and I am sure glad I ignored them. With a superlative adjustable gas block, it honestly feels like a .22 and is the smoothest, flattest shooting AR I have ever shot.

Thanks everyone for contributing and THANKS ATRS!
    Last edited by docscoutjr; 12-17-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    First thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. It was quite helpful as I fretted about my build. I only have 20 rounds through mine (with the scope mounted properly this time....that was embarrassing, but I was sooooooo excited to take a picture). A couple things to help those in the same spot I was a year ago:
    JP captured buffer. Just do it, I can not say enough about how happy I am with this. Do you need it, no. Does it smooth things out, YES!
    MRA parts. I have the pencil profile, shoots one hole at 25m - not conclusive at all but encouraging. The MRA comp, hell yea, as good or better than my JP, which was pretty dam effective. Handguard fit, its so minor as to not really notice. My goal was to go as Canadian as possible with the build and am super happy with the results.
    Light weight BCG. Holly #### what a bunch of BS around these. People warned me that this was not the way to go and I am sure glad I ignored them. With a superlative adjustable gas block, it honestly feels like a .22 and is the smoothest, flattest shooting AR I have ever shot.

Thanks everyone for contributing and THANKS ATRS!
    Thanks for the review - I am pretty much at the same point you were at a year so your post is very helpful.

BANNED
    Krylon

CGN Regular
    Do I "need" a delrin block for building this up, or would a plastic cutting board do the job?

Blocks of delrin are $30-50 on eBay with $50-60 for shipping

Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Do I "need" a delrin block for building this up, or would a plastic cutting board do the job?

Blocks of delrin are $30-50 on eBay with $50-60 for shipping
    I assembled mine to completion with a friend, a mallet, 2 punches, leatherman, and a few beers.

There are very few tools you really "need", but lots that make it easy if you've never done it before.
    Just suck less, Bro.