Page 168 of 238 FirstFirst ... 148158160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176178188 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by P11 View Post
    Actually hate the strike industries “enhanced”’dust cover. Am I the only one? Do regular dust covers work with the ms?
    What's wrong with the "enhanced" dust cover? I had two of Strike Industries "Ultimate" dust covers installed on my regular AR15s. They works fine. I believe they are the same spec as "enhanced" ones. Why am I asking is I plan to install the third one on MS.

Quote Originally Posted by sunmoong View Post
    What's wrong with the "enhanced" dust cover? I had two of Strike Industries "Ultimate" dust covers installed on my regular AR15s. They works fine. I believe they are the same spec as "enhanced" ones. Why am I asking is I plan to install the third one on MS.
    They dont create a perfect seal on the ms. I find them
    Cheap and they dont lock in as well as a normal mil spec cover. Yeah i think its cAlled the ultimate dust cover

GunNutz
    Cheap and they dont lock in as well as a normal mil spec cover. Yeah i think its cAlled the ultimate dust cover
    Do you know that the detent set screw can be adjustable to compensate for wear on the receiver? Have you tried it?

Enhance one does not work on mine either, but ehanced ultimate works fine.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    That's odd, I've had terrific results with mine, and i've installed several others. The screw-detent absolutely needs to be adjusted however. Got a pic?

Yes I am aware the detent can be adjusted. Even so I find the seal to be awful, visible gaps and poor locking ability. Its the Strike Industries UDC "ultimate dust cover"

I have a UDC on mine and after I adjusted the detent it fits perfect.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ssapach's Avatar
    I have 2 different Strike covers, and I brought this up previously. The default answer was to adjust the detent screw.

One of the covers would not work properly, regardless of the detent position. There was a seal lip interfering with the port. It wouldn't fit within the port so the cover never closed properly.

The other cover I have works fine, so it's currently on the rifle. I'd have to dig up the crappy one to see which it is specifically. If I remember, I'll get it tomorrow morning and report back.

I should add, this is on the slick side upper. I haven't tried the F/A upper yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ssapach View Post
    I have 2 different Strike covers, and I brought this up previously. The default answer was to adjust the detent screw.

One of the covers would not work properly, regardless of the detent position. There was a seal lip interfering with the port. It wouldn't fit within the port so the cover never closed properly.

The other cover I have works fine, so it's currently on the rifle. I'd have to dig up the crappy one to see which it is specifically. If I remember, I'll get it tomorrow morning and report back.

I should add, this is on the slick side upper. I haven't tried the F/A upper yet.
    I have one for my Stag 10 and it wouldn’t fit properly. It was doing the same thing you describe. A little sanding to the perimeter and it closed right up tight.

Yah I feel like some material needs to come off the cover for it to perform a perfect seal on the SS upper. Not sure what to sand down though lol. Frustrating, not a fan of this dust cover at all. Do regular mil spec ones work?