Page 16 of 238 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    You could well be waiting a year already given that the boys at ATRS are predicting the next run of lowers won't be until late spring of 2019.
    Given that the Modern Sporter is a direct variant of their other NR semi auto's the chances of anything but a NR classification are extremely low and would make no sense, but then again we are talking about the Queens Cowboys making the decisions so I suppose anything could happen.
    That's exactly the concern, I know ATRS are a top notch shop and I'd love nothing more than to get in on this right now.

Will keep an eye out and see where it goes, I'm patient
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Quote Originally Posted by Razer View Post
    That's exactly the concern, I know ATRS are a top notch shop and I'd love nothing more than to get in on this right now.

Will keep an eye out and see where it goes, I'm patient
    I'd get in on this now...given recent FRT number assigned, the second production run is probably going to go quickly.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    In an effort to keep the 'updates' thread a little less bogged down, and easier to navigate I've opted to start a thread specific to the discussion of what people are doing with their Modern Sporter builds! We as a manufacturer and small shop, can only carry so many brands and there are millions of options out there. So I want to see what YOU guys are all going to be putting on these, from barrels to handguards, triggers to stocks. We do carry a handful of parts that are on our website www.albertatacticalrifle.com

So obviously the receiver:

On my own rifle, I'm on the fence between a proof carbon fiber barrel or a Jury stainless steel barrel (light contour). (.223 wylde)

I'm leaning towards a PRI carbon fiber handguard in natural finish.... probably... or I might go FDE for the whole build.

A timney calvin elite AR trigger.

I need the Ergo deluxe grip, just can't go without it.
    I'm seriously contemplating a JP BCG... those things are an absolute work of machined art. And definitely a JP silent capture spring. I may use their anti-walk pins also, especially if I go FDE cerakote.

And I'm still undecided on what stock to go with... I like the simple look of a fixed A2, but find the ergonomics to be VERY lacking.

What are you all going with ?
    waiting for product to purchase
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    waiting for product to purchase

Email ATRS and get in the queue with the rest of us.

https://albertatacticalrifle.com/hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing/product/8608-modern-sporter-receiver-set

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Email ATRS and get in the queue with the rest of us.

https://albertatacticalrifle.com/hik...r-receiver-set
    Sorry, not doing pre-sales anymore
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

BANNED
    Well prepare to spend about $300+ above retail then when some "spare" receivers hit the EE from buyers that "just don't need them anymore" lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    Well prepare to spend about $300+ above retail then when some "spare" receivers hit the EE from buyers that "just don't need them anymore" lol
    That or be patient for a few years.

ATRS is one of the few shops that have consistently delivered on orders in a timely manner, the only time they dont is when unforseen circumstances hold things up (like when they applied for the larger permit with the state department for export of Proof Research products for the first run of ATRS MV.)
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

BANNED
    ATRS presales actually get delivered on time :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    ATRS presales actually get delivered on time :-)
    It's easy to be on time when there is no commitment to a hard delivery date.

Seems everything new is only being offered as a pre-sale. I'd rather not know about frt status, production delays, shipping issues, etc. Just tell me when it is on the shelf ready for sale like the old days.

CGN frequent flyer
    It's easy to be on time when there is no commitment to a hard delivery date.

Seems everything new is only being offered as a pre-sale. I'd rather not know about frt status, production delays, shipping issues, etc. Just tell me when it is on the shelf ready for sale like the old days.

A really really solid source confirms that the pre-sale was done with a pretty precise delivery window stated clearly, and ATRS is on track to fall squarely on time.

You can take my word for it..or dont. Whatever lol
    f:P