Page 171 of 238 FirstFirst ... 151161163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179181191 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcullen View Post
    Geissele makes great stuff! BCM is good, B5 is good.

Here’s my buddy mikes https://imgur.com/a/dOAiu72
    Is the scope mount Aero precision SPR on your buddy Mikes MS?

Quote Originally Posted by sunmoong View Post
    ADM recon in fde with titanium hardware
    Hitchvault.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I beleive lt is an adm recon.

Very nice mount, if you have use for qd mounts and don't mind the extra weight! I know my friend Eric prefers the Aero precision as he did not use the qd leaver on his previous scope mounts(burris pepr and adm reccon) and the Aero is 3.2 oz vs the adm 8.4oz.

GunNutz
    ^^^Thank you guys for the input. Appreciated.

^^^Thank you guys for the input. Appreciated.
    Oh and Eric just told me that the adm is a very nice mount and probably a bit sturdier then the aero but since he dont drop his rifle of Humvees and bang the scope in apc's his aero is perfect. Only little thing is it is tricky to tighten the scope due to the torking motion of the mount

Yeah went from a 1-4x Trijicon accupoint and an aero mount to a PST 1-6x with the ADM. You definitely notice the weight up top, worth it though for the toughness
    Hitchvault.ca

Uber Super GunNutz
    Yeah went from a 1-4x Trijicon accupoint and an aero mount to a PST 1-6x with the ADM. You definitely notice the weight up top, worth it though for the toughness
    Have you had an instance where the accupoint and the aero mount didn't hold up to the abuse you were giving it? Just curious what level of 'toughness' is needed.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    Have you had an instance where the accupoint and the aero mount didn't hold up to the abuse you were giving it? Just curious what level of 'toughness' is needed.
    No nothing wrong with it, just wanted something more beefy for the vortex pst. The only thing I don’t like on the aero mount is how it hinges at the top, somewhat of a weak point I think and it’s a bit trickier to get the scope level.
    Hitchvault.ca

No nothing wrong with it, just wanted something more beefy for the vortex pst. The only thing I don’t like on the aero mount is how it hinges at the top, somewhat of a weak point I think and it’s a bit trickier to get the scope level.
    Yes I also believe it is a weak point, I saw one failed first hand just by installing and torking in a scope. The defective ring was promptly replace by aero via the Canadian distributor! But it only happened once out of 4 or 5 mounts I dealt with.

Ordered my receiver set, this is my first build ever. Starting to look at other parts and trying to figure out what will actually fit for triggers, hand guards etc. Looking at barrels I am debating between these in .223 wylde, thoughts?

1. IBI 20" H/Bar Profile
    2. IBI 19" Myers/Steacy Profile
    3. Faxon Match Series- 20" Flame Fluted, .223 Wylde, Rifle-Length, 416R, Nitride, 5R, Nickel Teflon Extension
    4. Faxon Match Series- 20" Heavy Fluted, .223 Wylde, Rifle-Length, 416R, Nitride, 5R, Nickel Teflon Extension
    5. MRA V1 MATCH NITRIDE AR-15 BARREL 223 WYLDE Fluted SPR

I've also looked at some Ballistic Advantage but their all out of stock it seems right now. Or if you have other suggestions I am all ears. I pretty much need to buy everything and have just been doing a ton of reading.