Page 173 of 238 FirstFirst ... 153163165166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181183193 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Almost done with my build.
    F/A upper:
    Faxon 20 inch gunner barrel, though I'm strongly considering having it cut down to 18.6.
    Battle Arms Development, Lightweight Low Profile Titanium Gas Block
    Radian Weapons, Aluminum Forward Assist
    BCM 15 inches MCMR handguard
    VG6 Epsilon muzzle
    BCM BCG
    Raptor charging handle
    V7 Weapon Systems, Ultra Light AR15 Port Door
    V7 dust cover titanium rod

Lower:
    V7 Weapon Systems, Titanium AR15 Trigger/Hammer Pin Set
    Primary Weapons Systems, Enhanced MilSpec Buffer Tube, GEN2 Ratchet Lock Endplate & Nut
    Triggertech ajustable trigger
    Radian ambi safety
    KAC ambi mag release
    JP SCSS
    Magpul K2+
    B5 Bravo
    Last edited by Valaden; 01-08-2020 at 07:33 PM.
    CCFR Member

I spoke with IBI today about the 19" barrel. Sounds like the 0.936" gas block they have needs a hand guard internal clearance of at least 1.45 inches. Anyone recommend a lower profile block that will accommodate most other hand guards? Most guards don't seem to fit that size.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayf01 View Post
    I spoke with IBI today about the 19" barrel. Sounds like the 0.936" gas block they have needs a hand guard internal clearance of at least 1.45 inches. Anyone recommend a lower profile block that will accommodate most other hand guards? Most guards don't seem to fit that size.
    Consider a shorter handguard for an exposed gas block look. Not a bad style in my opinion.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Uber Super GunNutz
    I have this barrel. Go with an F1 hyperlite, it clears it and looks decent.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

I found a low profile 0.936 gas block by Odin Works that says it works in all of their hand guards including one that is 1.35" in diameter. I figured if I use that gas block it should work in just about any Hand guard with that diameter then as well. Like the Maple Ridge Armoury V1 M-LOK AR-15 which is 1.36".

I'm assuming anyways. Either that or I'll go with an Odin Works Hand Guard, there are some nice ones.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I found a low profile 0.936 gas block by Odin Works that says it works in all of their hand guards including one that is 1.35" in diameter. I figured if I use that gas block it should work in just about any Hand guard with that diameter then as well. Like the Maple Ridge Armoury V1 M-LOK AR-15 which is 1.36".

I'm assuming anyways. Either that or I'll go with an Odin Works Hand Guard, there are some nice ones.
    I don't know much about building AR but dont you need more clearance then that? As wen you shoot the barrel flexes and bends and you don't want it hitting the handgard.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    I don't know much about building AR but dont you need more clearance then that? As wen you shoot the barrel flexes and bends and you don't want it hitting the handgard.
    This is accurate. I’ve had marks from gas blocks printed on the inside of the handguard. I truly think exposed gas block might be your solution.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

Uber Super GunNutz
    The F1 P7M Hyperlite has 1.55" inside diameter. When I get home I will take a pic of it on the exact IBI barrel you are discussing. Plenty of clearance with a low pro gas block.

http s://f-1firearms.com/p7m-ar-15-hyper-lite-handguard/
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

I'd really like to use the MRA V1 hand guard, just need to see if the clearances will be too tight.

CGN Regular
    Is it me, or is the ejection port pivot hole too tight? After installing the metal rod, it will never come out. How do you guys remove it after installing?