Page 174 of 238 FirstFirst ... 154164166167168169170171172173174175176177178179180181182184194 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Is it me, or is the ejection port pivot hole too tight? After installing the metal rod, it will never come out. How do you guys remove it after installing?
    Small flat nose pliers wrapped in electrical tape worked for me. I was able to get enough of the pin in the gap beside the spring in the middle of the door to get a good hold.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by juancarlos View Post
    Small flat nose pliers wrapped in electrical tape worked for me. I was able to get enough of the pin in the gap beside the spring in the middle of the door to get a good hold.
    That gap is super tiny...what kind of flat nose pliers do you have?
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Is it me, or is the ejection port pivot hole too tight? After installing the metal rod, it will never come out. How do you guys remove it after installing?
    Inertia guys... Inertia!

Step 1: On a bench with a good mat on it.
    Step 2: Simply take the upper, and apply force in a 90 degree vertical direction.
    Step 3: The front face of the receiver will impact your good mat (ie, carpet, rubber, etc.).
    Step 4: And the pin will move forward a little bit.

Repeat steps 1 through 4, between 1-5 times and the end of the pin will come out to where you can easily grab it.

That gap is super tiny...what kind of flat nose pliers do you have?
    Small Canadian Tire brand (Mastercraft I think) ones

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Inertia guys... Inertia!

Step 2: Simply take the upper, and apply force in a 90 degree vertical direction.
    Step 3: The front face of the receiver will impact your good mat (ie, carpet, rubber, etc.).

Repeat steps 1 through 4, between 1-5 times and the end of the pin will come out to where you can easily grab it.
    While installing my first one, I had to hammer the pin in the last 1-2mm. I doubt it would come out that easily. My second one was easy fit.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Inertia guys... Inertia!

For something that is advertised as accepting mil spec parts, having to slam the interaction point where explosions takes place and where every thou of tolerance counts is concerning. Is ATRS considering replacing peoples' uppers that have this kind of defect?

While installing my first one, I had to hammer the pin in the last 1-2mm. I doubt it would come out that easily. My second one was easy fit.
    Shaun, any plans to refine the dust cover area to make it more "mil spec"?

This seems to be a point of contention for MANY people to the point I've seen dozens of comments about it. If installing a standard dust cover, and the fitment of the dust cover port is not adequate (there is some variance between manufacturers) the process of removing the pin is a huge pain and could result in damaging the upper receiver.

I don't think advising people to purchase a non-standard, specialty Strike Industries dust cover is a good solution. This rifle was billed as using all mil spec parts, and should work appropriately with them at this price point.

Quote Originally Posted by B34R View Post
    For something that is advertised as accepting mil spec parts, having to slam the interaction point where explosions takes place and where every thou of tolerance counts is concerning. Is ATRS considering replacing peoples' uppers that have this kind of defect?
    .... I'm really hoping that this is a joke... If it's not, please learn of the topic before attempting to cause hysteria.
    If you are truly convinced that 7075 T6 aluminum, is what is containing an explosion... That is far from the case.
    The chamber, and barrel extension do that job. Those are all steel, always.

Every thou of tolerance, makes me think you're referring to headspace, which is also, between the barrel and the barrel extension, and not in fact parts being discussed here.

So to answer your question with a broad answer, any concerns regarding parts fitment or suspicion of a "defect" should be emailed to info@albertatacticalrifle.com.

This as it is described, does not sound like a defect to me, however all I'm seeing is text. Take that for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by takeyerswing View Post
    Shaun, any plans to refine the dust cover area to make it more "mil spec"?

This seems to be a point of contention for MANY people to the point I've seen dozens of comments about it. If installing a standard dust cover, and the fitment of the dust cover port is not adequate (there is some variance between manufacturers) the process of removing the pin is a huge pain and could result in damaging the upper receiver.

I don't think advising people to purchase a non-standard, specialty Strike Industries dust cover is a good solution. This rifle was billed as using all mil spec parts, and should work appropriately with them at this price point.
    Improper removal of the pin could result in damaging the upper receiver. We have been using this system for literally twelve years on our rifle models.

So no.

CGN Regular
    Improper removal of the pin could result in damaging the upper receiver. We have been using this system for literally twelve years on our rifle models.

So no.
    It makes me sick the kind of entitled, mechanically deficient, cry babies you guys put up with. Keep up the quality machining gents.
    Last edited by Unhinged; 01-10-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    Canadian Gun Cucks