Page 177 of 238 FirstFirst ... 157167169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185187197 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    I can draw up something, but when I put the brownells lightweight bolt carrier, the carrier wouldn’t pop the ejection port cover out, while when I used this carrier in an actual AR15, the ejection port door does get popped out. So my guess is your port door is located more “outwards” than a standard AR15. So while a standard M16 carrier works, a different carrier wouldn’t.

This is not a complaint about BCG, it’s just an observation of difference in “specs”

Actually wait up, I’ll show you what I mean...I’ll post a pic.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Regular
    Milspec:

Sporter:

So since the port door doesn’t rest as close towards the BCG as a Milspec one, therefore not all BCGs would pop it out. There might be other issues too relating to fitments. Maybe you can locate the whole ejection port more in towards the center of the receiver, like this:

An obvious fix would be backwards design it from a Milspec upper, but I do understand that is a big no-no if you want to keep it NR. What I’m saying is for it to be better compatible with AR15 goodies, you might want to look at those key areas.

Nonetheless I absolutely LOVE mine but too bad I'm selling it to Mike this afternoon
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 01-11-2020 at 04:42 PM.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Milspec:

Sporter:

So since the port door doesn’t rest as close towards the BCG as a Milspec one, therefore not all BCGs would pop it out. There might be other issues too relating to fitments. Maybe you can locate the whole ejection port more in towards the center of the receiver, like this:

An obvious fix would be backwards design it from a Milspec upper, but I do understand that is a big no-no if you want to keep it NR. What I’m saying is for it to be better compatible with AR15 goodies, you might want to look at those key areas.

None the less I love mine but unfortunately I will be selling them to Mike soon.
    possibly something on the dust cover to make it work? a little jb blob

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MkivSupra View Post
    possibly something on the dust cover to make it work? a little jb blob
    Dude no , I'm not putting glue in that area. Besides I'm just pointing out a potential improvement. Mine works fine with an M16 Carrier.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    For a lightweight carrier I just went with the Brownells Titanium because it's M16 profile. Sucks that Brownells won't ship them here anymore without an export licence
    Thats such a bummer. They were good value. The days of $225 FA BCG are back..

In regards to lower and upper parts kits is it better to piece to together then buy a kit? For the Upper all I really see is the need to buy a ejection port cover, as I will be buying the barrel, hand guard and BCG separate.

Slick Side Upper:

I plan on buying the BCG, Hand Guard, Gas Block, Barrel, Charging Handle and gas tube separate. I figure the only other thing I will need is the Ejection Port Cover correct?

Lower:

Do I buy a lower parts kit without a trigger and a grip? I'd like to pick out a grip and trigger for my build, I just don't know of an OK "kit" I may need here to complete the lower?

** I'll pickup a buffer tube, spring, buffer and stock as well **

The Geissele lower parts kits are great and they don’t come with a trigger.
    Hitchvault.ca

What are you guys using for adjustable gas blocks?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayf01 View Post
    What are you guys using for adjustable gas blocks?
    Not needed on most rifle length gas system. You just end up having it wide open...lol... Ask me how I know